• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    This is pretty despicable. I cannot remember ever hearing of a similar incident in my entire life. This tool is trying to enforce something that no reasonable landlord would ever do to a military member. Hope someone steps up and slaps this idiot down. Hell, my family would have faced eviction I don't know how many times when I was young and my father was deployed, if a landlord had ever done that.

Visiting soldier can't stay in wife's Central apartment, landlor - NBC12 - Richmond, VA News

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I don't know that I'd necessarily be so strict if I were the owner but both parties willingly signed the contract. Being a soldier, home on leave does not entitle you violate a contract and it seeing this is sounds like student housing, I'm sure the owner is concerned if he breaks the rules for one, he'll have to do it for everybody else.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Weird.

Can someone give this lame*** the cliffnotes?
    Soldier comes back for a visit to see his wife and newborn child. He's stationed in Missouri and she's at Clemson. He's there a week and the landlord is saying he can't stay more than 7 days as that's the limit on visitors. If he doesn't leave he'll double the rent or have the wife prosecuted (for what I can't imagine).

Bluejeeper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    Montgomery County
    Soldier comes back for a visit to see his wife and newborn child. He's stationed in Missouri and she's at Clemson. He's there a week and the landlord is saying he can't stay more than 7 days as that's the limit on visitors. If he doesn't leave he'll double the rent or have the wife prosecuted (for what I can't imagine).

And that seems pretty bull:poop:y to me

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Thank you.

If someone takes a distilled liquor and makes a Jell-O shot you take offense and run to the Internet to decry the horror.

then you use a slur in a subject to rip someone you disagree with. Priorities defending alcohol over the mentally handicapped. That may actually be a new INGO low.

pitbulld45

Follower of I AM
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Terre Haute
    I'm sure it's like others have said, can't break the rules for one and not everyone else. Also there may be laws where they are at about establishing residency after seven days. If that's the case and he
    lets the husband stay then he would have to have a court evict him.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Call me old fashioned, but when you're married it is ok to live together.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    If someone takes a distilled liquor and makes a Jell-O shot you take offense and run to the Internet to decry the horror.

then you use a slur in a subject to rip someone you disagree with. Priorities defending alcohol over the mentally handicapped. That may actually be a new INGO low.

Rep incoming. It's a shame there aren't any rules to keep members from saying stupid stuff like that. Oh wait....

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Rep incoming. It's a shame there aren't any rules to keep members from saying stupid stuff like that. Oh wait....

Were is this rule you're alluding to?

He said "retard". He simply used a word that isn't particularly PC. It's not religious or racial in nature. He didn't call a member a retard. There was no personal attack.

Top Bottom