• ...and so much more!
  • Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I wonder what the contract is actually for?

Like how many mags with each gun... Holsters, maybe?

The good thing is that a good many Safariland duty holsters, especially the light-bearing models, are light dependent vs. being gun dependent. Meaning there's a fair chance that already existing duty holsters will accommodate the new pistols just fine as long as the light remains the same. I'm sure the lights are either Streamlight TLR-1 HLs or Surefire X300U or whatever they're called.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Dating myself...but I truly miss the Beretta 92 days! Carried one myself on duty in the early 90's!
    Sorry...don't mean to steer things of course with my reminiscing.
    When I got out. After I bought my Taurus Model 44. About a year later family of 4 by that time so not much extra to spend on firearms. I found a Beretta 92 polished stainless steel. I had to have it. Luckily the gunshop owner let me make monthy payments on it. He was great to deal with. I carried that until my BIL wanted it. Many years later. I didn't like giving it away but my sister had my niece and nephews needed protection.

It looked like this.

1631196571726.png

Magnum314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Central Indiana
    When I got out. After I bought my Taurus Model 44. About a year later family of 4 by that time so not much extra to spend on firearms. I found a Beretta 92 polished stainless steel. I had to have it. Luckily the gunshop owner let me make monthy payments on it. He was great to deal with. I carried that until my BIL wanted it. Many years later. I didn't like giving it away but my sister had my niece and nephews needed protection.
    It looked like this.

View attachment 157411

Beautiful! And at least its still in the family!

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    I wonder what the contract is actually for?

Like how many mags with each gun... Holsters, maybe?

The good thing is that a good many Safariland duty holsters, especially the light-bearing models, are light dependent vs. being gun dependent. Meaning there's a fair chance that already existing duty holsters will accommodate the new pistols just fine as long as the light remains the same. I'm sure the lights are either Streamlight TLR-1 HLs or Surefire X300U or whatever they're called.
    I have been a long time user of Safariland products but there is some drama right now with them.

Supposedly Safariland laid off all their Ontario California workers and moved all oroductuon to Mexico. The Ontario workerd are supposedly starting a new line.

BehindBlue can probably add more details on it.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I have been a long time user of Safariland products but there is some drama right now with them.

Supposedly Safariland laid off all their Ontario California workers and moved all oroductuon to Mexico. The Ontario workerd are supposedly starting a new line.

BehindBlue can probably add more details on it.

I only recently found out about it, yes it was California workers who were laid off. Safariland moved production to Mexico and fired a bunch of US workers. Another victory for Clinton's NAFTA, I suppose. The US workers started a new company called US Duty Gear and are making products in the US: https://usdutygear.com/

Some CA cops said they got some pretty sub-standard stuff from Safariland after the transition but Safariland was at least concerned enough to send them new holsters to test and seem concerned about the decline.

Kneedeep87

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2021
    Fort wayne
    I like the 509 but like stated by others, at the time, there were almost no accessories available. Now I have no need for one. I had a fnx tactical 45 and got rid of it because of the brick of a grip they had to make to get 15 .45 acp rounds in it. If I can't shoot it well I don't care how cool it looks. The 509 tactical looks awesome and I hope I get a chance to get behind one some day. If it's like the small brother to the 45 I'll probably end up with one.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Too expensive, too hard to source in large numbers (both the gun and magazines), and too likely to require tweaking by a competent gunsmith to run reliably for large round counts. Also the need to retrain a large organization on the proper use of a manual thumb safety.
    There you go AGAIN injecting common sense and logic into a feel good story.. At the rate they are losing officers in Cali they will only need 17 of them so that shoots down one of your arguments. :ugh:

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    Dating myself...but I truly miss the Beretta 92 days! Carried one myself on duty in the early 90's!
    Sorry...don't mean to steer things of course with my reminiscing.

I liked my Army issued M9 at Ft. Hood better than the .45 I was issued in Korea. I bought my own M9 from ImpactGuns a few years back.

Berettas are back in stock on most sites. You can probably pick up a 92 if you wish.

Magnum314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Central Indiana
    I liked my Army issued M9 at Ft. Hood better than the .45 I was issued in Korea. I bought my own M9 from ImpactGuns a few years back.

Berettas are back in stock on most sites. You can probably pick up a 92 if you wish.
    Love my current M9...smooth as silk, and even better than when new! And I am holding out for a deal on another classic 92F or FS. I am picky with my Beretta's and prefer the original straight dust covers over the current issue slanted dust covers. Just me...

One of the best variants I ever owned was an original 92G....ISP issue.

Top Bottom