• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigdee06

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    I'm all for giving LEO's what they need to get the job done but I agree with you %100 that everybody, especially the government, should make a effort to keep American money in the USA.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Having driven the 2011 Caprice PPV I can tell you that it is the baddest cop car on the market. It soundly trounced all others in the MSP and LASD testing. We ordered a new fleet of them due in around June. We currently have a fleet of Chargers. They are fragile and expensive to maintain. And they need a lot more maintaining than the Ford CV. No one on my department likes the Chargers. I turned in my brand new Charger after driving it six months and took a 05 CV pool car back in 07. I hated everything about that car! The Ford CV is a durable car but it is underpowered by reasonable standards and they are gas hogs.

Ford is going to a FWD or AWD twin turbo. No one wants a FWD police car and I doubt many agencies will buy twin turbo AWD cop cars. Talk about a maintenance nightmare. I think Ford is messing up but I might be wrong.

The 2011 Caprice body's will be built in Australia. 2012 and on will not be. I am all in favor of buying all American made stuff but the viable options just aren't there right now.

I think the Caprice will be the new dominant police car. The Ford CV has been for a number of years because there wasn't anything else really suited for the task.

I am looking forward to getting a new Caprice.:twocents:

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    This is the same car as the GTO and Pontiac G8 essentially. Shame GM couldn't keep those lines up for sale.

I kinda think you will see the Caprice available for sale to the general public in 2012. Think Caprice SS.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    oops somehow I goofed *EDITED*

That automatic plate scanner with "Hit Detection Alerts" is an uhm... interesting development?

Yea it is. Never seen one though and probably never will around the county I work in. We have very few stolen cars and the ones we do have we usually catch pretty quick.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    oops somehow I goofed *EDITED*

That automatic plate scanner with "Hit Detection Alerts" is an uhm... interesting development?
    We've had those for a few years. We have only 5-6 cars with it however. It does not actually "run" a plate through the BMV like an officer would. Rather, it is loaded daily with the most recent plate numbers from stolen cars/license plates and it uses THAT database to compare to what it sees.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    We've had those for a few years. We have only 5-6 cars with it however. It does not actually "run" a plate through the BMV like an officer would. Rather, it is loaded daily with the most recent plate numbers from stolen cars/license plates and it uses THAT database to compare to what it sees.

Of course LAPD needs that with all the crime they have. Is it not the stolen car capital of the world?

By the way you guys (IMPD) recovered one of our stolen cars the other night after a pursuit and foot bail. It was taken in a dealership burg. Both perps were caught.:yesway:

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Of course LAPD needs that with all the crime they have. Is it not the stolen car capital of the world?

By the way you guys (IMPD) recovered one of our stolen cars the other night after a pursuit and foot bail. It was taken in a dealership burg. Both perps were caught.:yesway:
    Cool, I love finding stolen cars. It is like a game. I run plate after plate looking for them. Like hide and go seek.

thej27

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    Should have went with the Ute.
    2007-Holden-VE-SS-V-Ute-Green-Front-And-Driver-Side-Speed-1280x960.jpg

http://i612.photobucket.com/albums/...reen-Front-And-Driver-Side-Speed-1280x960.jpg

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le

Ahh!!!

Thanks for the clarification on that.

Cool, I love finding stolen cars. It is like a game. I run plate after plate looking for them. Like hide and go seek.

My family member who is also IMPD plays this game also..... he's got a "honey hole" for sumertime nights that generally garners 1 hit per week minimum from the sounds of it.

Top Bottom