LAPoliceGear.com for all your gear needs!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I would highly recommend LA Police Gear Tactical Gear featuring 511 Tactical, Galco, Surefire and Blackhawk for anything "tacti-cool".

They've got very competitive pricing, and FREE SHIPPING on some items. They also provide lots of free CR123 batteries with most Surefire purchases.

I've bought a Ka-Bar TDI knife, TLR-1, Surefire earplugs, and lots of 5.11 stuff from them with ZERO problems. Their shipping is prompt, arriving from LA within 5 business days (usually 3 or 4).

I recommend signing up for their email updates, as they are always putting more stuff on clearance. I've seen $200 5.11 jackets sell for $17 (as long as you're a size small and like the color green, lol)

Last edited:

TraderJack

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    +1 I've had very good luck with LAPG too.
    Purchased several items over the last few years and always good service and prices.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I've tried to order from the four (maybe five) times. I received one order (after a long, long, long time). My experience with their customer "service" is the worst I've seen in the industry. I'd gladly shop with just about anyone else (including everyone's favority whipping boy Botac) long before I'd consider wasting my time with LA Police Gear again.

465guy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2008
    I think it all just depends if you catch these online people on a good or bad day. I've never had trouble with either of the companies mentioned in this thread. I have had horror stories for both.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    I've bought quite a few items from La Police Gear and haven't had any major problems. My complaint is that if the item is not available, the order is processed and then you receive an e-mail later telling you that the item was not available. Many times, if I knew that immediately, I could substitute the color, or size or order a different item. IMHO they definitely need to update their on line data base.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Just got my order in the mail a few days ago. Relatively timely shipping but included something I didnt order and left out something I did order. Further, I order a pair of shorts that must have been designed by a moron. The way they are cut and fit is totally weird. They have about a 2 inch inseam and a totally poofed out in the front. Very disappointing. Lastly, it appears they want me to pay $8 shipping to return the incorrect product/ get my correct pants. Seems like I shouldn't be paying to fix their mistake. Starting to look like a -1, maybe a -2 before its all over.

cougar_guy04

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    Lookin' for Galt's Gulch
    I'm kinda indifferent on them. I've ordered stuff 4-5 times from them and one time they left out half the order and didn't bother telling me that they were out of the shirts I ordered and wouldn't be getting anymore in. I still order the 5.11 stuff from them because a good chunk of it is cheaper than or the same price as ordering from 5.11 direct. Customer service just depends on who you get and when. I've had a couple that were great and helped me quite a bit and I've had one guy who I could've slapped the taste out his mouth for the rudeness.

I'll probably keep ordering from them until I find a better supplier.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I ordered another pair of their new TDUs with the free belt. This order is taking its time. I placed it the evening of 5/23 and still haven't seen anything. I do realize there was a holiday weekend, so maybe that's slowing it down.

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    I've ordered from them and have gotten good service. Looking through their catalog right now actually.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Ok I totally take back my thumbs up for LAPG.

• Placed order on 5/23.
    • Credit card charged on 5/28
    • Sent email inquiry on 5/28 - no reply
    • Got email on 6/2 telling me there was problem and item was backordered, even though they charged my card
    • Sent another email inquiry on 6/7 - no reply
    • Sent one last inquiry on 6/10 - auto-reply only
    • Cancelled the order on 6/11. I hope I get my money back.
    • Placed the same order from 511tacticaldirect.com on 6/11 - ordered an additional pair of pants and received free shipping, which allowed me to get the knee-pad inserts for free basically. Pants were the exact same price, and still included the free TDU belt.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Ok I totally take back my thumbs up for LAPG.

I think that at one time or another I've had issues with them all. LA Police Gear should have on line Customer Service and if you look hard enough they do have a TX number and have called me back after an e-mail inquiry. What I hate about them is the cancellation of part of an order because the item is not in stock even though the web site says it is when I placed the order. It must be a Kalifornia thing ;)

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ljmiddleton3
    Top Bottom