• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    The County replied to my Attorney, they said it was "okay" and "wouldn't pursue any action" as long as I kept to 2-3 days a month for a couple of hours.

So basically, keep doing exactly what you have been doing...we just wanted to see if you would be willing (or stupid enough) to apply for a permit so we could deny it. Instead you sought legal counsel and we don't want to go there at this time.

What?! Dude, either it's legal or its not! It's not "legal as long as it's only a couple times a month"!

ShadowHouse

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008
    Hoosierland
    I agree, and so does my attorney. It was a verbal over the phone to my attorney. Basically there is nothing they can do, he said the letter was a form of intimidation to see if I would submit myself before that board for land use as the article said. Them saying to basically continue what I have been doing makes them feel okay since they 'feel' they are giving me permission. I'm not asking for it in writing since that would be recognizing the board as an authority over this situation. I think they said that so they could tell everyone that is complaining that it won't get any worse. Agreed, it's either legal or it's not. Best I can figure as long as it's not an everyday thing..they won't persue some other approach to get it stopped.

The board of Comissioners has washed their hands of it...they view it as a private target area with a compliant back stop approved by the Sherriff's Dept. end of story.

It's not a "range" it's just a county compliant back stop.
    I shouldn't have any issues today...I have a county sherriff's dept. SRT guy and a City SWAT team leader that are buddies of mine joining me to verify the the quality of my back stop today.....:popcorn:

My Trustee was a big help in guiding me through all of this, surprising since he ran on the Democratic ticket. He came out carrying (concealed) to check out my backstop with a second ammendment t-shirt on from the live-free people....we need more of them on that side of the fence :patriot:

I'm heading out back to practice, I'll let everyone know if I have any issues.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom