• mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Went down to the meeting.The county lawyer tried to keep the public from speaking during the "public comments" .It did not work.The public comments went on for about 2 hours.The lawyer was double talking,and he got called out on it.It ain't over.........

I'm glad to hear you took the time to go.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Went down to the meeting.The county lawyer tried to keep the public from speaking during the "public comments" .It did not work.The public comments went on for about 2 hours.The lawyer was double talking,and he got called out on it.It ain't over.........

Thank you for going. I couldn't make it due to last minute child issues. I'm glad a lot of people showed up as I feel pretty bad about not being able to go down there.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Michigan City Rifle Club as soon as this agenda item became known sent out a flurry of emails and phone calls. As an Officer of the Club I would especially like to thank the State Association the Indiana State Rifle & Pistol Association (ISRPA) for their assistance in this. They quickly started contacting our state Senator and Representative and enlisted their help. Club Members started to contact people they knew with a vested interest across the board. Our club plans to be in attendance tonight at the meeting as well.

This is what we should be doing, but I will see and thank the Director who was most responsible for running with this tomorrow at the BoD meeting in Greenwood.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Looks like this is the first guy that needs to get voted out of office.
    LaPorte County Commissioner Rich Mrozinski and other supporters of the proposal, though, claim existing laws in the county books require more teeth in some cases, and a code enforcement officer would alleviate an overburdened sheriff's department of upholding the codes.

LCSOSgt11

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    LaPorte, IN
    So, in KLB's post above mine, there appears to be two individuals that need to be removed from office at the next election. One needs to look further than the commissioners here.

Top Bottom