• ...and so much more!
  • 1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    "Noise Pollution" is vague at best. I think the trains are noisy so they should stop. Jake brakes disturb me. No mowing before 8am. Wait I work thirds. Noise, Noise, Noise. I shouldn't be inconvienced or disturbed.

Personally I feel private property is just just what it says. That does not mean I am against zoning or ordinances. Planning and Zoning are not necessarily bad and can or should serve a public good. But on private, non commercial, non public property a person should be allowed to do what they want so long as it isn't illegal or hurting other people. Pollution hurts other people but if Noise/sound is below a certain level it is not hurting anyone. Now if the aurguement is that bullets are leaving the range or noise is excessive and potentially harmful then by all means shut it down. But you don't need 1000 feet separation to achieve those goals.

I work 3rds too and appreciate peace and quiet when I sleep. So I in turn do the same for those who may be working the 3rd shift or odds hours in my shooting. Does this mean I shoot through all hours of the night, no I tend to keep my shooting confined to 1pm thru 4pm. Its common sense and who knows maybe people shooting at 8pm bothers some, but to make an ordnance? The others who shoot near my home are far enough away that I can sleep.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I emailed all 3 commissioners and got this reply from Mr Mike Gonder,

Michael,

The ordnance that you speak about has just been removed from the agenda. It will not come to a vote and if it would, I would not support it.

Thank you for the email expressing your concerns.

Regards,

Michael W. Gondor- Commissioner
    La Porte County Board of Commissioners

The Laporte City Councilman I talked to Roger Galloway who is a life member and an officer at my VFW where I belong has said he has people who called to express their disgust at this ordnance far all over the county not represented by him.

Seems like the email, phone, text drive that people must of been doing worked.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I had shared the agenda on my FB page and came home to a copy of the LaPorte Republican Party post saying it had been removed from the agenda as well. Very glad to hear this.

My understanding is that an ordinance can only be passed on the first reading if there is no penalty clause in it. I'm not sure this ordinance would have much "teeth" without a penalty of some sort. Anything that includes a penalty clause has to be advertised and go through the public hearing process.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    For now you are safe.
    But if the people in the subdivision started this, ie city folks mentalty, then you have bigger issues. Those snowflakes are moving into your country folks area and sooner or later they will outn8mber you and you will have the dumb city/suburbs menatlty running the show. Sigh.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    For now you are safe.
    But if the people in the subdivision started this, ie city folks mentalty, then you have bigger issues. Those snowflakes are moving into your country folks area and sooner or later they will outn8mber you and you will have the dumb city/suburbs menatlty running the show. Sigh.

Yep...they will be wanting to "make a difference" and they will run for office.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    For now you are safe.

No matter where you move they will come.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Only if i can wipe out the entire galaxy.
    Otherwise what fun would it be. Lol

I say we petition indiana to just build a wall along our il border. :faint:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    THIS IS NOT over!

View attachment 54993

Only an overwhelming show of opposition is going to stop this.

Organizations with an interest in gun safety? It doesn't take too much imagination to figure who the pro-side of this ordinance will be. Who's out there that would actually represent gun safety and property rights? Would the NRA step up and represent? Or the ISPRA? Who else in that area would likely be included in such a committee on the gun owner's side?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    For now you are safe.

Let those who willingly cede their freedom through restrictive covenants govern their own neighborhoods and buy any land they wish to ban shooting on.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Let those who willingly cede their freedom through restrictive covenants govern their own neighborhoods and buy any land they wish to ban shooting on.
    But they are not content to rule their own lives, they want to rule yours as well. You might be overly content and we simply can not have that.

jotto

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    NW Indiana
    Michigan City Rifle Club as soon as this agenda item became known sent out a flurry of emails and phone calls. As an Officer of the Club I would especially like to thank the State Association the Indiana State Rifle & Pistol Association (ISRPA) for their assistance in this. They quickly started contacting our state Senator and Representative and enlisted their help. Club Members started to contact people they knew with a vested interest across the board. Our club plans to be in attendance tonight at the meeting as well.

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    Went down to the meeting.The county lawyer tried to keep the public from speaking during the "public comments" .It did not work.The public comments went on for about 2 hours.The lawyer was double talking,and he got called out on it.It ain't over.........

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    It sounds like the meeting tonight was standing room only. The post I saw on FB said they were asking people to save their comments for the special committee meeting whenever that is going to happen.

Top Bottom