• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    Today i had the misfortune of being in laporte. i usually dont pass a place that sells firearms w/o stopping in and looking around, at least for a second, so i went into laporte sporting goods. as is usually the case, i was ocing. the only person in there besides myself was a guy who was rifle shopping. i was browsing around when the guy behind the counter said "why dont you cover that up so you dont freak out the other customers." no problem boss. i didnt really want to buy any of your outrageously priced ammo/weapons anyway. so i left.

another layer to this story. i have a NC flag tattooed on my forearm. immediately before he told me to cover my pistol, he asked if i was from indiana. i think it was his hope that i was not aware of indiana gun laws and was going to attempt to simply tell me oc was illegal here. thats just speculation on my part though. long story short, i hope that guy is a member here. he can eat a ****.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Had the customers "freaked out" before he made the comment? No? Really Not? Huh...

Guess he does not know his customers very well.

Thanks for the heads up.

Big John

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    The same clown owns the one in Winamac too.. 12.99 for Wolf 7.62x39 20 ct.

I my have to go browse Friday while OC and see if they don't like customers either. This one down here focuses mainly of selling shirts,jacket,etc to the local High School the "Gun Room" is in a tiny closet.

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    if thats your thing thats fine w/ me. i wouldnt have minded if hed just asked me, but he didnt say anything when i was standing right in front of him. he waited until i was about 20 feet away from him and made a bigger deal about it than was necessary. my point is, dont try and flex up on me, and dont try to buffalo me.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Laporte sporting goods was an ok place when John stilled owned it. It really went down hill after he sold it. The guy who bought it owns a store over buy Knox somewhere (never been there), He was moving most the inventory to the "other" store before they closed.
    Oh and Holy Sh%^ this is an old thread!

Mad Man

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    LaPorte County
    I live in the area. What I want to know is "he had customers"? Few times I've been in there it's been dead. I found him to have the same personality as the owner at Kempfs.

lon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Top, Dead Center
    There is a gun shop a block or 2 east of Laporte Sporting Goods, on the same street. I stopped in there about 4 years ago while killing some time and had a nice long chat with the owner. He seemed like a good guy and very adamant about 2nd amendment rights. :yesway:

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    There is a gun shop a block or 2 east of Laporte Sporting Goods, on the same street. I stopped in there about 4 years ago while killing some time and had a nice long chat with the owner. He seemed like a good guy and very adamant about 2nd amendment rights. :yesway:

This is Maple city sports, I've never bought anything from them but my brother has. owners seems like a likeable guy.

Top Bottom