• ...and so much more!
  • aturk

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2016
    Charlotte, NC
    Breakdown:

We live in a nice apartment home community in Zionsville. They are apartments, but have their own garages, driveways, etc.

More than likely our own damn fault, but either Sunday or Monday, someone walked up to my GF's car, realized it was open (guessing either myself or her accidentally didn't lock it), went into the trunk, and grabbed the laptop bag out of it.

She was really sick this weekend, and the car didn't go anywhere. Just really pisses me off. Also, it's a huge deal for her as she works in the banking industry. She almost always brings the laptop into the apartment, but for whatever reason this weekend she didn't.

Also makes you wonder, I have left the garage wide open for hours at a time with thousands of dollars of stuff in it, tools, bikes, gun stuff, etc. Nobody has ever touched anything.

Wonder if I should start sleeping in the trunk geared up like an operator.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Well, that sucks.

One time I had a bag stolen out of my car in my driveway. I'm sure they thought they were getting a laptop, but what they really got were business ethics textbooks from a class I was teaching for Indiana Wesleyan....joke was on them.

This was when I lived in South Haven (IN). Leaving something in an unlocked car in South Haven was on me. In Zionsville, I'm sure nothing like that would happen....wait.

HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville
    Well, that sucks.

One time I had a bag stolen out of my car in my driveway. I'm sure they thought they were getting a laptop, but what they really got were business ethics textbooks from a class I was teaching for Indiana Wesleyan....joke was on them.

This was when I lived in South Haven (IN). Leaving something in an unlocked car in South Haven was on me. In Zionsville, I'm sure nothing like that would happen....wait.
    Haha. This is just ironic.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Breakdown:

We live in a nice apartment home community in Zionsville. They are apartments, but have their own garages, driveways, etc.

More than likely our own damn fault, but either Sunday or Monday, someone walked up to my GF's car, realized it was open (guessing either myself or her accidentally didn't lock it), went into the trunk, and grabbed the laptop bag out of it.

She was really sick this weekend, and the car didn't go anywhere. Just really pisses me off. Also, it's a huge deal for her as she works in the banking industry. She almost always brings the laptop into the apartment, but for whatever reason this weekend she didn't.

Also makes you wonder, I have left the garage wide open for hours at a time with thousands of dollars of stuff in it, tools, bikes, gun stuff, etc. Nobody has ever touched anything.

Never leave the garage open unattended. No matter where you live just do not do it. People cruise the area looking for this opportunity and they are not always from your town.

Never leave anything visible in the car. Are you not watching the news.

I would bet you a cheeseburger that you know who took it or they live close by.

No matter where you live they walk among us.

aturk

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2016
    Charlotte, NC
    Leaving something in an unlocked car in South Haven was on me. In Zionsville, I'm sure nothing like that would happen....wait.

Luckily there's no crime in Zionsville. Or so my boss tells me.

Haha, I'm well aware the reputation that Zionsville has/had. The GF almost ALWAYS locks her car, even when it's in the garage. I lack way more in this regard, I grew up in a tiny village (literally a village) in Ohio, and never locked doors, cars, windows, etc. It's been difficult to break myself of this habit. Even tougher when you need to run out to the car to get something.

There has been a few new people that have moved into this complex in the past few weeks I've found out. I will have my eye out. Wonder if supressed 22 to the ass cheek from my 2nd story patio would be frowned upon?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Haha, I'm well aware the reputation that Zionsville has/had. The GF almost ALWAYS locks her car, even when it's in the garage. I lack way more in this regard, I grew up in a tiny village (literally a village) in Ohio, and never locked doors, cars, windows, etc. It's been difficult to break myself of this habit. Even tougher when you need to run out to the car to get something.

There has been a few new people that have moved into this complex in the past few weeks I've found out. I will have my eye out. Wonder if supressed 22 to the ass cheek from my 2nd story patio would be frowned upon?

Well, lets hope no one does this after you posted it up here...:):

aturk

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2016
    Charlotte, NC
    Well, lets hope no one does this after you posted it up here...:):

I'm really more concerned with what I would do if I caught someone in the act of this. I'm boiling just thinking about it.

It's really trivial too, NOTHING is in our cars that is worth anything. Nothing is visible. Someone must have seen her put her laptop in the trunk in the past and ran with it. It's a 5yr old work laptop that needed replacing badly. The only thing she is out is some extra headache at work due to working in the banking industry. Not even sure if I want to make an insurance claim.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm really more concerned with what I would do if I caught someone in the act of this. I'm boiling just thinking about it.

It's really trivial too, NOTHING is in our cars that is worth anything. Nothing is visible. Someone must have seen her put her laptop in the trunk in the past and ran with it. It's a 5yr old work laptop that needed replacing badly. The only thing she is out is some extra headache at work due to working in the banking industry. Not even sure if I want to make an insurance claim.

Yeah I was just :stickpoke:

It infuriates me to have things stolen.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Hate to that OP. I bought an '89 notchback from a friend bout 10yrs ago. I left it unlocked by accident. Next morning I went out to start it and it didn't start. Kinda puzzled. Looked down and the shifter knob was missing, the autometer 5" tach with shift light, and the meters on the pillar gone. Then noticed my back seat was pulled out. Guess they were looking for the NOS bottle. Reason the car didn't start was because they tried pulling my MSD box out that was bolted to the floor under the drivers seat. Never found out what douchebags did it. I'm guessing the police report is either collecting dust or found its way to file 13 (shred box)

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Breakdown:

No,just lock your stuff up...it is just Zionsville you know.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Hate to that OP. I bought an '89 notchback from a friend bout 10yrs ago. I left it unlocked by accident. Next morning I went out to start it and it didn't start. Kinda puzzled. Looked down and the shifter knob was missing, the autometer 5" tach with shift light, and the meters on the pillar gone. Then noticed my back seat was pulled out. Guess they were looking for the NOS bottle. Reason the car didn't start was because they tried pulling my MSD box out that was bolted to the floor under the drivers seat. Never found out what douchebags did it. I'm guessing the police report is either collecting dust or found its way to file 13 (shred box)

Kinda hard to investigate with nothing to go on.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Shoulda rolled the crime lab, dust for prints, canvas door to door, curb stomp a neighbor, and collect DNA via stool samples off all the neighbors, oh, shoot a dog, an curb stomp! Forgot to add, collect video of the entire town, and run it through facial recognition via Abby at NCIS's crime lab, her stuff is QUICK!

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg

Very true. And honestly with no more money that I was out (roughly $400) I wouldn't want the police wasting their time on my case. I'd much rather them focus on more important things. It's not like the theft cost me my life savings, my marriage, my kids, my health. You know, the things that matter the most to me.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side

yep, out over 5K in fishing gear. Not pissed at IMPD because they didn't find them. They had nothing to go on.
    I cruised pawn shops for weeks after, Craig's list etc. Never saw anything of ours out there. Insurance covered it so we almost balanced out.

aturk

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2016
    Charlotte, NC
    Chatted with the PD tonight. Actually Whitestown is the visiting PD, even though we have a Zionsville address, etc. I wonder if that is so these don't show up in the Zionsville police blotters?

Guess it has happened a few times, a few apartments on the other side of the complex actually had their doors kicked in back in November, but nothing actually stolen out of them.

GF's laptop had documented serial number, etc which is more than anything else that has been stolen out of the complex. So maybe we will get lucky and after it has passed between a few heroin addicts hands it will show up. Not going to hold my breath.

The Whitestown PD is having a meeting with the apartment complex tomorrow night to see about budgeting for cameras, so obviously it's happening more than they would like to admit.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Shoulda rolled the crime lab, dust for prints, canvas door to door, curb stomp a neighbor, and collect DNA via stool samples off all the neighbors, oh, shoot a dog, an curb stomp! Forgot to add, collect video of the entire town, and run it through facial recognition via Abby at NCIS's crime lab, her stuff is QUICK!

He said Zionsville, not Carmel :laugh:

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Sorry Tony. I'll give it back when I'm done scanning the hard drive for one finger selfies.

Top Bottom