• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • citizenkane

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    I don't have to look anymore. Everything I was interested is already bid up to more than I want to pay on proxibid.

gunselman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    32   2   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Indy
    Is this the only gun auction on Saturday at the Vaneburgh 4H center? (not talking about the gun show, I was told there are 2 auctions there on the 9th)

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Well it was a well attended auction. I saw bidder numbers in the 300s plus online bidders. Overall the usual story, some deals, some fair prices and some you wonder what the buyer was smoking.

Bushmaster, PSA & S&W ARs were in the $400-$450 range. Couple of AR pistols were $375. WASR AK $550. Taurus, Walther and other lower end guns were good buys. Several Walther PPsomethings went for $275ish.

Excellent condition S&W revolvers were in demand with just about all N-frames hitting $1,000 with one or two exceptions. K-22s were $750+ as was a 2" kit gun. I did pick up a Model 60 in .357 and a 39-2 w/ the original box for what I felt were OK prices.

The curiosity of the day was a very old gen 1 Ruger Single Six. It had the original box, not red or yellow but older, and both .22 LR and .22 WMR cylinders. So unconverted 3 screw gun. Sold for about $1,900 with an on the phone collector going against a bidder in the room. There must be something about the very old ones that I don't know about.

I know nothing about surplus but apparently the Garands and Carbines went for expected prices.

Tula47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Jun 28, 2013
    Knox Co.
    My number was in the low 400's so there were no shortage of buyers. Now that I am home and get to exam my purchases I'm pretty happy with what I bought but I wish I would have come a little earlier because I missed out on some deals.

citizenkane

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    I followed it a bit online today. The Last time I looked the Garands were around $900 but then with tax and buyers premium they would be well over $1000. They were nothing special that I could see.

I was interested in Polish 29/40 but when I figured that it would be sale price, plus 18% premium plus 7% sales tax I said the heck with it.

Corky

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    N.W. Indiana
    The curiosity of the day was a very old gen 1 Ruger Single Six. It had the original box, not red or yellow but older, and both .22 LR and .22 WMR cylinders. So unconverted 3 screw gun. Sold for about $1,900 with an on the phone collector going against a bidder in the room. There must be something about the very old ones that I don't know about.

That was an uncataloged old model super single six, model SC4. There were only 197 produced in 1965 due to a manufacturing error.
    That was a nice one, with the box and mag cylinder. They normally sell for about $2000.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    That was an uncataloged old model super single six, model SC4. There were only 197 produced in 1965 due to a manufacturing error.
    That was a nice one, with the box and mag cylinder. They normally sell for about $2000.

I knew someone would come through with an explanation, thanks for the info.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    i was watching (and bidding) on 2 guns, one was a mk1 with a pac lite upper and the factory 4 in tapered barrel, I had assumed that the lower had work done on it, it was gray, not blued, (the upper was a 4 in non threaded, blue aluminum with silver flutes) I had bid 300, when I thought nah bruh, too much for me, it sold for 425.00, I thought why, I only wanted the upper to drop on my mk3 lower, and I can buy a new one for 285.00.

the second was an older walther p22, (old style frame) with 1 mag, and a thread adapter, and the finish was worn and it had been shot (I was buying it to be a suppressor host) I had bid 200.00 thinking that's a fair price, the sold for 300.00! (we have one at the gun shop with 3 mags, like new with the thread adaptor for 270.00)

a delton upper (used, with bcg) went for 170.00, two weeks ago I was getting emails for uppers with uppers at 200.00 shipped (with bcg)

but I hear the colt thunder went for 600.00! (I think that's a great price)

im almost positive the tavor went for 1600, if so someone got a great price!, it had a giessle trigger(300.00), a eotec sight(350.00), and a mounted flashlight (239.00) it had 900.00 in accessories alone!

like every auction, there were some good buys, and some bad buys

Top Bottom