• ...and so much more!
  • MinuteManMike

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Lawrence, IN
    Hey, I did NOT take offense at anything anyone said. No thin skin here. Larry was a hoot. I love guys with no filters.

I was exhausted and made a ton of mental errors and simply didn't perform well. I was using a lot of gear that I had no time on, which is not at all ideal. But I didn't have anywhere to get somewhere and use it. I got all this stuff in that last week or so.

It just highlighted big time how much more range time I need. And now that I joined MCF&G, I can do that with a lot more tactical stuff with my AR after my 22 conversion kit shows up tomorrow. I will do a lot of reload drills, esp.

Really, I am just glad I did NOT shoot someone else's target.

MinuteManMike

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Lawrence, IN
    And just to help ID myself, I was the dude in the Red Sox hat.

I wish we had name tags at these things. I knew Nigel from Revere's Riders shoots and saw a few familiar faces but I'm often terrible with names.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    And just to help ID myself, I was the dude in the Red Sox hat.

I wish we had name tags at these things. I knew Nigel from Revere's Riders shoots and saw a few familiar faces but I'm often terrible with names.

It is hard to put faces to usernames sometimes. I'm the guy you talked to at lunch and had the target to your right.

MinuteManMike

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Lawrence, IN
    I really need to add the patch of my avatar pic to my camo hat that I usually wear to these events.

I am socially awkward anyway. But I didn't mean to be rude and not introduce myself. I really wish a little time was spent at these things saying hi to one another and giving a little ice-breaking intro.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I really need to add the patch of my avatar pic to my camo hat that I usually wear to these events.

I am socially awkward anyway. But I didn't mean to be rude and not introduce myself. I really wish a little time was spent at these things saying hi to one another and giving a little ice-breaking intro.
    Well, um, there was the hour and a half in the morning that we spent setting up targets, loading mags, and a bit of orientation.

nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Well, um, there was the hour and a half in the morning that we spent setting up targets, loading mags, and a bit of orientation.

He was a late arrival so missed all the earlier intro’s / BS.
    Mike will be late for his own funeral.

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Yesterday was my first carbine class and my chance to meet some of the INGO guys. Definitely a fun group who made me felt welcomed. It was a great time all around and we had awesome weather. I look forward to attending future events posted here. Vickers was really good and easy to talk with. He doesn't talk down to people like some trainers do. I will be back if he is here again.

I was one of the AK guys and built this rifle earlier this summer for this class when I realized the supply of AR ammo was going to be an issue. The rifle and cheap Chicom red dot worked better than I did but at least I can improve. Again my apologies to the fellow 'AKer' who's target I shot up on the first 100 yrd event 'cause some times I just fuk up. LOL.

It’s all good Comrade. Us AK guys have to stay united.

It was a great day, but I do wish we’d have done pistol transitions like the course description stated and less time in the morning I’m setting up and zeroing.

rotag84

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Hamilton County
    :yesway:
    Yes, I thought we were to have zeroed prior to class. That would have made sense. I get it if we did a few rounds at each distance to see that folks were not shooting way off. I would have like to done some transitions also. I look forward to training with you guys again in the future.

brchixwing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Nov 13, 2016
    Indianapolis
    @rotag84 hit me up if you want to meet up some time and mess around with AK's, can work with you on mechanics / talk you through how I have my AK's setup (I was the Asian to your left)

@308jake we need to convert more AR shooters to AK shooters while AR ammo is literally double the price (60 cents vs 30 cents)

It’s all good Comrade. Us AK guys have to stay united.

It was a great day, but I do wish we’d have done pistol transitions like the course description stated and less time in the morning I’m setting up and zeroing.

brchixwing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Nov 13, 2016
    Indianapolis
    #OKBoomer

Brad, always a pleasure! Your guidelines apply across disciplines, uncoachable people with thin skin limit themselves.

RE #4, I thought my commie POS would have earned your respect by now!

IMO another great time on the range!

Learned some stuff and had a chance to send some rounds down range with my INGO brethren. If some of you peoples have not attended a training event with the “Crew” you need to get on board.

1. No thin skin.
    2. Big boy rules (we don’t tolerate safety foppish actions).
    3. If you are “new” we will help you achieve the training goal.
    4. We discuss “gear” not judge if you wanna use a “commie” POS your call!
    5. Absorb the instructor’s content if you think it’s BS so it, take what’s good and use it.

rotag84

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Hamilton County
    @rotag84 hit me up if you want to meet up some time and mess around with AK's, can work with you on mechanics / talk you through how I have my AK's setup (I was the Asian to your left)

@308jake we need to convert more AR shooters to AK shooters while AR ammo is literally double the price (60 cents vs 30 cents)

Sounds good brchixwing! Yes, I remembered your handle name on this site. Are you in Indianapolis?

Juday

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2011
    I had a pretty good time! This was my first carbine class, so it was interesting being able to learn a few things throughout the day.

For reference (and trying to put faces to names), I was on the left side of the window-licker. HAHAHA!

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Sounds good brchixwing! Yes, I remembered your handle name on this site. Are you in Indianapolis?

Yes, just shot over a PM!

Looks like I can't respond to the PM because my post count isn't 50 yet. So, um, give me a few minutes. :):
    Whoa whoa whoa. It's gonna take more than a few minutes to do a background check isn't it? I mean, you're not really going to trust an Asian shooting a commie gun, are you? I'd be pretty careful.

Top Bottom