• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Socomike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 16, 2011
    Cross posted from ARFCOM for my INGO guys and gals.

Hey guys. I thought this build was cool enough, and different enough to clutter up AR Discussions a little more.

I Saw the Kino pictures in the 12.5 inch picture thread and got me thinking about the rifle I was running at the time. I had settled on a MK18 Mod 0 clone for several reasons. Those reasons included; I used a MK18 in Iraq for several months and loved it. It was short enough to run a suppressor and not loose out on the SBR lengths, and it looks cool as hell .

After seeing the BCM Kino uppers I decided that it was a concept that was worth looking into. The added velocity, longer sight radius, and longer hand guard were enough to tip me into a tailspin that would end with my own collection of parts to build a rifle similar to the Kino.

I started my search for the barrel that would be the pillar to my build. I found a very lightly used LaRue Stealth 12 inch barrel on the EE for a song and a dance. a few days later it was at my house. The LaRue barrel being 12 inches and not 12.5 like the BCM barrel, made me wonder if I would be able to fit a FSB in front of a 9 inch hand guard. I bought a DD 9 inch M4 rail and an Armalite clamp on FSB. TO complete the build I bought a Spikes stripped upper receiver form AIM and a Battle Comp 2.0 straight from BCE (they offer great Military discounts by the way).

Once all the parts were here I put it all together and here is the final product.

DSCN02141.jpg

DSCN02131.jpg

DSCN02071.jpg

I ran about 80 rounds of very cheap ammo and saw MOA to 1.5 MOA groups at 100 yards. It balances great and shoots like a dream. I am impressed so far.

Top Bottom