• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Larue.

Seriously. Lots of reports of sub .5 moa on other forums out of Larue Stealth uppers/barrels.

Or, for your budget, build yourself. Get a premium barrel that guarantees sub moa, a premium trigger you like, and a nice BCG. Build it, and you're off to the races. Honestly, for your budget, I'd build one myself. That way you get exactly what you want. Or buy a premium complete upper and build your lower (that way, you get the trigger, stock, and grip you want).

I'll take 1/2 MOA. Whatcha' got in mind?

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I have a POF P308.....unfortunately I can't comment about the accuracy too much, just been too busy to work up a load for it or to even really shoot it for that matter. They use Rock Creek barrels and I know a couple people who have them too and theirs shoot .5 MOA with 168gr Gold Medal Match.

Primary Weapon Systems make a great 308 too and I know if you had one that for some reason didn't shoot well, they'd make it right.

For a factory 308, I'd consider POF, PWS, GA Precision, LaRue, LMT, or the Sig 716 Gen 2 DMR looks pretty slick. Beyond those, lot more 308 AR parts available now and you could build a very nice and accurate rifle

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Does anyone know if the Larue warranty follows the rifle, or is it just for the original owner? I can't seem to find that specific info on their site?

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Or, for your budget, build yourself. Get a premium barrel that guarantees sub moa, a premium trigger you like, and a nice BCG. Build it, and you're off to the races. Honestly, for your budget, I'd build one myself. That way you get exactly what you want.

I built mine for about $2300 before optics. JP barrel/BCG/HGs. Geisselle ssa-e. dpms receivers. runs/shoots great. going to start hand loading for it soon and we'll see what it really does.

-rvb

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    While I have no experience with Rainier .308 barrels, I stopped buying Noveske barrels when I discovered Rainier Match and UltraMatch 5.56x45mm/Wylde barrels. I bet you'll be very pleased.

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    I love my Rainier Match wylde 18" barrel. I can offer nothing else in the realm of 308 though. I have to think if they have a 308 counterpart its decent as well.

output

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 13, 2014
    NW Indiana
    If you are going to spend $2800.00 for the rifle, I hope you are also spending some nice coin on the optic as well.

I have read good things about Larue's rifle accuracy but I have read horror stories about their reliability. I use their mounts almost exclusivity though.

I know the Scar17 and my LWRC REPR shoot 1-MOA if I am doing my part. The Scar is a little more fun to plink with. I have hog and deer hunted with the LWRC REPR.

Good luck!

BK1962

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    North Liberty
    Rifles don't shoot .5 MOA groups unless the person pulling the trigger can...I once went prairie dogging with a guy that had several thousand wrapped up in his custom everything Seka 6mm Remington rig. He couldn't hit a dog past 500 yards. Just saying you can have the most expensive rig out there. But it's not always the gun once you're reaching out beyond shooting flat.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    I know he already made a decision but no questions asked Primary Weapons Systems gas piston 308 is one of the absolute best out there. right in that price range also.

the rainer arms looks very nice though.

akethan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Elkhart
    If you are going to spend $2800.00 for the rifle, I hope you are also spending some nice coin on the optic as well.

I have read good things about Larue's rifle accuracy but I have read horror stories about their reliability. I use their mounts almost exclusivity though.

I know the Scar17 and my LWRC REPR shoot 1-MOA if I am doing my part. The Scar is a little more fun to plink with. I have hog and deer hunted with the LWRC REPR.

Good luck!

I'd love to see you back up your claim regarding 7.62 LaRue reliabiltity?

Also calling BS on your SCAR17 & REPR MOA claim. Post up 5 groups of 5 shots and prove me wrong.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom