• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pasonik

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    I'm just wondering how many legal concealed carry individuals would actually walk into a situation like what happened to Joseph Wilcox in Las Vegas?

minuteman32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Central IN
    Seems like the situation walked in on him.

It does make me rethink my strategy for what to have those who might be with me if a similar scenario unfolds. I had always told those who are close to me that they will want to get some distance between us, as I'm about to start shooting & I'm pretty sure that will attract the attention of the BG. Now I think it might not be so bad to have them watch my back, even if they are unarmed. Although, they will probably be gripping my backup gun by that time.

Steeler

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Clark county
    I can't say for sure what I would do in a situation like that. My first instinct would probably be to GTFO and save my own ass. I know that may sound "unheroic" but self preservation would be goal number one.
    Now if the threat was directed directly at my family or myself that would be a little different.
    If I had acted in the Vegas situation, I would probably be dead the same as he is.
    Seems like the good guy did everything right, but damn that could have been any of us. I know I wouldn't have been expecting Bonnie and Clyde.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    If I understand the situation correctly, it seems Wilcox was fixated on the bad guy and the bad girl got him. The situation did come to him, he just didn't pick out all the players. Tough situation no doubt. Of course, we all have the benefit of 20/20 hindsight. :dunno:

pasonik

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    I've always carried with 2 rules in mind because anything else is for the police to handle. Number one is only if my life is in imminent danger and number two is only if the life of another person is in imminent danger. Neither of these was present until Mr. Wilcox approached the gunman. I myself would be running out of the store as fast as I could along with everyone else.

Top Bottom