• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    I used a laser designator once for hunting a deer. Unfortunately, when the airstricke came in, the only thing left was a smoking crater. Strangley enough, CNN showed up shortly afterwords and started screaming about innocent civilians being bombed by the military industrial complex.

One of the things you need to look at with any type of "illuminator" is what visual spectrum is works in. Looks like this one is JUST outside normal vision range of people and JUST inside vision range for hogs. Not sure about other critters. If you're gonna tag something at night to see it, go for something that has a deep IR or UV range that is outside the vision range of what you are hunting. And if you ever want to use it for SHTF night ops, is the beam visable to nightvision goggles, etc.

This isn't so much a Designator, more of a flashlight. And expensive one at that.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    it's hard to see with the flash.....it shines up to 250y and will mount to almost any gun....have had it out 2 times but didn't call anything in......great light for the money...

Home pAGE

S3010446.jpg

S3010445.jpg

theledwarehouse

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2011
    Vicksburg, MI
    We just got a handful of laser designators in. I'll get more info up on our website in a day or two. But they are green, pretty neat, come with some mounts and such and are going to be $159

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    Let me guess some sort of pig roast slash pig hunt combo? Id say that would be a bit unfairish;)

Close. Very close, but you're being too literal. :D

The combo part was nice.... Rosine and Katrina were found at the Sanford Bowling Alley where they were eventually returned, slightly worse for wear. ;)

heisman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    I have the ND3 Subzero, it works great, not as perfect as their video on their website, the beam didn't even effect the coyotes I was looking at, and took a .222 Remington Mag nicely :-) A most have tool for predator hunting at night

subtlesixer03

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    I have the ND3 Subzero, it works great, not as perfect as their video on their website, the beam didn't even effect the coyotes I was looking at, and took a .222 Remington Mag nicely :-) A most have tool for predator hunting at night

Thanks this is actually what I was intending on useing it for.

Top Bottom