• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I played with one while stopping in at Indygunsafety. Indy Gun Safety - INGunOwners At first I thought it was a silly idea (I had never heard of it before) but once I got my hands on it I instantly thought it was brilliant! I'm tagging the thread to see what others think. I've never actually used it to train but I've handled one.

spyder

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Personally, I would say to get an exact replica of your gun in an airsoft gun if you can, and train with it. Some might say that is a joke, but you can run tons of drills, and practice clearing your house. Some of the higher powered guns will punch through cardboard that you can make silhouettes out of. Anyway, just a thought.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I looked into the laserlyte laser trainer. Decided against it, as I think the device that you put in the barrel of the gun would wear pretty quick. And those things are not cheap.

I thought about the air soft idea. Better than putting a pencil in the barrel of a 1911.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I had one for years in my g22. I liked it alot. Was somewhat hard to see during the day and the rounds would only come as close as a few inchesfrom the dot, but if you need to make a precise shot that why you should still practice w/ the irons.

Overall i think its a great concept and a tool you can add w/out adding any extra bulk. It lasts long enough, but i think they are priced about a hundred dollars too high.

IndyIN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.3%
    58   1   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Texas
    I've had 2 and the targets where the weak link. Sent both back due to failing to register hits. Great idea, the quality just wasn't the greatest. That was a year ago, so it might be better now.

Top Bottom