• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    I've introduced several youths and women to hunting over the last decade or so...recoil may not matter in the field, but it dang sure does when they are practicing and getting used to shooting their gun. Heck, I have seen grown men in Indiana who are afraid of their slug gun, and shoot it accordingly. Having grown up hunting in CA, WI and MI, in areas where most rifle cartridges are allowed, I can assure you that a wise mentor makes sure a young hunter doesn't have to deal with the punishing recoil of a shotgun or muzzle-loader. It is only in states where there was no choice that "logic" such as yours is accepted in any way. Why do you think Indiana is changing their regulations? It is because recruitment is down and empirical evidence (crop damage, car collisions) suggest deer numbers are up.

If you don't know too many young hunters who are recoil sensitive, then you don't know many hunters. To go on and say that many young hunters are using 357 and 44 magnum rifles is to validate my point. Why are they choosing those two cartridges? If you think it's NOT because of recoil, or that argument isn't valid, then try this little experiment: Have a 12 year-old girl shoot one round from a slug gun and then one round from a 243 Winchester...then tell her they both kill deer just as well and ask which one she wants to use. ;)

I am NOT against the new rifle cartridges. I 100% agree with the new laws but I still think your recoil argument for youth is not accurate. The young hunters I deal with are not recoil sensitive because they are properly trained by progressing through the training with lower calibers / powder & working up from there. Muzzle loaders you say have too much recoil for youth. BS. You have them practice with lower amounts of powder and work up from that. For the .357 mag & .44 mag you have them train with .38 special & .44 special & work up from that. Then hunting day you use the .357 mag & .44 mag or full load powder if using a muzzle loader. Many youth do not have the luxury of hunting on private land. So you train them with what is allowed on public land. That's muzzleloaders, .357, .44 mag etc. allowed for public hunting. You can't hunt public land with a .243. You keep referring to slug shotguns. Youth I know do not hunt with slug shotguns. By the way there are 12 year old girls at our 4H club who shoot 75 rounds straight of shotgun at 5-stand without one complaint. Guess are youth are tougher than in your neck of the woods.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I am NOT against the new rifle cartridges. I 100% agree with the new laws but I still think your recoil argument for youth is not accurate. The young hunters I deal with are not recoil sensitive because they are properly trained by progressing through the training with lower calibers / powder & working up from there. Muzzle loaders you say have too much recoil for youth. BS. You have them practice with lower amounts of powder and work up from that. For the .357 mag & .44 mag you have them train with .38 special & .44 special & work up from that. Then hunting day you use the .357 mag & .44 mag or full load powder if using a muzzle loader. Many youth do not have the luxury of hunting on private land. So you train them with what is allowed on public land. That's muzzleloaders, .357, .44 mag etc. allowed for public hunting. You can't hunt public land with a .243. You keep referring to slug shotguns. Youth I know do not hunt with slug shotguns. By the way there are 12 year old girls at our 4H club who shoot 75 rounds straight of shotgun at 5-stand without one complaint. Guess are youth are tougher than in your neck of the woods.

I think you're missing the point a bit.
    Yes, even recoil-sensitive people, including youths, can be acclimated to recoil by working up to it and with supervision and tips from someone (yourself) well versed in recoil management and technique.
    However, that takes quite a bit of time and hundreds or thousands of rounds fired downrange, and while all of us would love to get that much trigger time with our kids, it's not always possible to get in that much time on the range, so many people have to settle for shooting a hundred or so rounds when they can find the time and location for it.
    Also, there are people with back and shoulder issues, especially elderly, to whom a low-recoiling .243 or .260 Remington would be particularly attractive options over a .357 or .44 rifle, since the smaller calibers have comparable recoil to the two larger ones, but with the bonus of generally better accuracy and long range performance.
    I personally don't have a problem with recoil, normally shooting 20-50 rounds from the bench or even prone (the most likely position to feel pain from recoil) with full power loads from my .30-06 with no discomfort whatsoever, but I've got plenty of experience, and I'm not ashamed to say that I also replaced the thin factory rubber butt pad that had hardened with age with a Kick-Eez recoil pad.
    We all agree that at long last Indiana joining nearly all adjoining states by legalizing high-powered rifles for hunting is a very welcome change, but there really are people -- young and old alike -- who will greatly benefit from the lower recoiling rifle options.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    Some kids (and women) ARE tougher than others. They have personalities and proclivities that make them unique and interesting. I'm glad that not every kid or woman is "tough", but that shouldn't preclude them from enjoying deer hunting, if they want to try it.

You mention shooting 75 rounds of shotgun "without one complaint". I'll bet you dollars to doughnuts those girls wake up the next day with a sore shoulder and sometimes bruising, so they endure it for the sake of the sport, but I guarantee you some of them complain a little. And that's not even a good argument, because shooting skeet loads from a standing position allows your body to roll with the recoil, whereas preparing a shotgun or ML for deer season requires at least SOME time at a shooting bench.

I introduced my wife to deer hunting with a muzzle-loader. She put up with the onerous loading process, messy cleanup requirements and excessive recoil, because it was the best option available, at the time. She killed several deer with her Z5 Omega. When the regulations allowed the first PCR cartridges (1.625") I had a 358GNR built on an H&R SB2 frame...and she killed a couple deer with that, but she enjoyed it a LOT more. She has always used a 30-'06 when we hunt in Northern Michigan, with 125gr Nosler Ballistic Tips that I load to around 2,600fps. She's taken 4 or 5 deer with that rig, and when Indiana made it legal last year, she finally had the option to use the same gun no matter where we hunt. Her TC ML? It's somewhere in the back of the safe, probably rusting away...and she couldn't care less. My oldest hunts with an open-sighted 44/40 and my youngest hunts with a 243. She's been shooting it regularly, and VERY accurately, since she was about 10. She has absolutely no fear of recoil, because she's never had to shoot a gun that rattles her snot loose.

The point of introducing kids to shooting and hunting isn't to see how "tough" they are...it's to give them the best possible chance to enjoy the outdoors, like we do. This regulation change is a huge step in helping recruit youth and female hunters to the sport...and those kids and women will be voters, at some point. The last remaining step is to apply this same cartridge ruling to public lands and Indiana will FINALLY have stepped into the modern era of deer hunting. And no...we won't see a dramatic increase in hunting related accidents, as a result. As always, the only safe gun is the one wielded by a safe shooter.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    My first deer rifle, at 11 years old, was a 270 Winchester; killed my second deer and first buck with that rifle.

In hindsight, it was too much gun for me. Didn't stop me from practicing some ("three on a pie plate at 100 yards? she's good!") but more than 5-6 rounds per outing and I was beat up. In reality, I probably should have had a 243 (which my younger but larger brother started with).

If my boys decide they want to start deer hunting with me, they'll start with a mild 6mm for all those same reasons.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    We have all seen bucks tending does out in the middle of fields. This occurs all over the Midwest, even in places where normal rifle cartridges have been in use for decades, and it has nothing to do with deer that have learned the effective range of slug guns and muzzleloaders. You are observing a behavior and reaching a conclusion without understanding the biology behind it. Deer are not good at judging distance, due to a very limited scope of binocular vision, and their threat avoidance mechanisms have not advanced to include yardage estimation. Correlation is not causation. ;)

With all due respect, I have hunted the open fields and tree lines of northern Indiana, the woods and ridges of southern Indiana, and the wide open expanses out West...deer live close to cover, and smart hunters leverage this fact. I'm sure you do, without even realizing it. Think about every one of the stands you've ever hunted out of; how many of them are in or immediately adjacent to some kind of cover? :)

I am not at ALL opposed to opening up the rifle cartridges regulations! I fully support it, for several of the reasons you mentioned. I also agree there will be plenty of situations where the extended range "can be helpful", but changing regulations will not change basic deer biology or behavior. Maybe you've spent too much time hunting in places where there aren't a lot of woodlots left, but the simple fact remains that whitetail deer, particularly northern whitetails, ARE woodland creatures. The vast majority of deer killed in Indiana, and even big game out West, is killed at 150 yards, or less. As you said, these regulations make sense because there is no good reason for us NOT to be free to use most cartridges. However, one of the very best reasons to expand the regulations is lower recoil options for women and children to shoot, as we work to recruit them into a sport that might otherwise fade away. Research the demographics of hunting today and you'll understand what I mean.

If you want to continue believing that the only time deer live in "open areas" is during the rut, be my guest. The second part of your first paragraph is just plain silly. Deer that survive a hunting season or two learn where they are safe or not. They wouldn't be around for seasons 3, 4, 5 etc. if they didn't. It has nothing to do with range estimation, it has everything to do with avoiding hunting pressure and being able to detect and avoid danger. Cover takes all kinds of forms, some much more open than others. The whole point of seeking cover is to provide protection from predators. When the woods is awash in a sea of orange a lot of areas that used to provide protection no longer do so and the deer that stay there get shot. Those that seek alternate cover, survive. Why do you think those people hunting that same cover in those same woodlots complain about the lack of deer after the first few days of firearm season every year? If your entire goal for hunting season is to shoot whatever young buck wanders by first along with a doe or two and you get it done, either before the hunting pressure alters deer movement or after it fades, then there is no reason to hunt anywhere else but close to woody cover.

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    Some kids (and women) ARE tougher than others. They have personalities and proclivities that make them unique and interesting. I'm glad that not every kid or woman is "tough", but that shouldn't preclude them from enjoying deer hunting, if they want to try it.

You mention shooting 75 rounds of shotgun "without one complaint". I'll bet you dollars to doughnuts those girls wake up the next day with a sore shoulder and sometimes bruising, so they endure it for the sake of the sport, but I guarantee you some of them complain a little. And that's not even a good argument, because shooting skeet loads from a standing position allows your body to roll with the recoil, whereas preparing a shotgun or ML for deer season requires at least SOME time at a shooting bench.

I introduced my wife to deer hunting with a muzzle-loader. She put up with the onerous loading process, messy cleanup requirements and excessive recoil, because it was the best option available, at the time. She killed several deer with her Z5 Omega. When the regulations allowed the first PCR cartridges (1.625") I had a 358GNR built on an H&R SB2 frame...and she killed a couple deer with that, but she enjoyed it a LOT more. She has always used a 30-'06 when we hunt in Northern Michigan, with 125gr Nosler Ballistic Tips that I load to around 2,600fps. She's taken 4 or 5 deer with that rig, and when Indiana made it legal last year, she finally had the option to use the same gun no matter where we hunt. Her TC ML? It's somewhere in the back of the safe, probably rusting away...and she couldn't care less. My oldest hunts with an open-sighted 44/40 and my youngest hunts with a 243. She's been shooting it regularly, and VERY accurately, since she was about 10. She has absolutely no fear of recoil, because she's never had to shoot a gun that rattles her snot loose.

The point of introducing kids to shooting and hunting isn't to see how "tough" they are...it's to give them the best possible chance to enjoy the outdoors, like we do. This regulation change is a huge step in helping recruit youth and female hunters to the sport...and those kids and women will be voters, at some point. The last remaining step is to apply this same cartridge ruling to public lands and Indiana will FINALLY have stepped into the modern era of deer hunting. And no...we won't see a dramatic increase in hunting related accidents, as a result. As always, the only safe gun is the one wielded by a safe shooter.

You sure like twisting my words. NEVER said that the point of hunting is to see how tough kids were. That's a stupid statement. I made the comment about how you think 12 year old girls cannot handle a shotgun. You like to adlib and twist comments whether it's mine or someone's comments about deer activity. I'll agree to disagree with you.

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    I think you're missing the point a bit.
    Yes, even recoil-sensitive people, including youths, can be acclimated to recoil by working up to it and with supervision and tips from someone (yourself) well versed in recoil management and technique.
    However, that takes quite a bit of time and hundreds or thousands of rounds fired downrange, and while all of us would love to get that much trigger time with our kids, it's not always possible to get in that much time on the range, so many people have to settle for shooting a hundred or so rounds when they can find the time and location for it.
    Also, there are people with back and shoulder issues, especially elderly, to whom a low-recoiling .243 or .260 Remington would be particularly attractive options over a .357 or .44 rifle, since the smaller calibers have comparable recoil to the two larger ones, but with the bonus of generally better accuracy and long range performance.
    I personally don't have a problem with recoil, normally shooting 20-50 rounds from the bench or even prone (the most likely position to feel pain from recoil) with full power loads from my .30-06 with no discomfort whatsoever, but I've got plenty of experience, and I'm not ashamed to say that I also replaced the thin factory rubber butt pad that had hardened with age with a Kick-Eez recoil pad.
    We all agree that at long last Indiana joining nearly all adjoining states by legalizing high-powered rifles for hunting is a very welcome change, but there really are people -- young and old alike -- who will greatly benefit from the lower recoiling rifle options.

I did not miss the point because I did not agree with his point if there was one to even miss. That's why I stated: Many youth do not have the luxury of hunting on private land so you start out training them with what is allowed on public land. Obviously in many people's situation they can teach their children how to shoot other calibers (high-powered) if they own land to hunt on. I am fortunate to own land to hunt on but my kids have learned the pistol calibers, then muzzleloaders, and now will upgrade to high-powered. In my opinion it's a progression.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    If you want to continue believing that the only time deer live in "open areas" is during the rut, be my guest. The second part of your first paragraph is just plain silly. Deer that survive a hunting season or two learn where they are safe or not. They wouldn't be around for seasons 3, 4, 5 etc. if they didn't. It has nothing to do with range estimation, it has everything to do with avoiding hunting pressure and being able to detect and avoid danger. Cover takes all kinds of forms, some much more open than others. The whole point of seeking cover is to provide protection from predators. When the woods is awash in a sea of orange a lot of areas that used to provide protection no longer do so and the deer that stay there get shot. Those that seek alternate cover, survive. Why do you think those people hunting that same cover in those same woodlots complain about the lack of deer after the first few days of firearm season every year? If your entire goal for hunting season is to shoot whatever young buck wanders by first along with a doe or two and you get it done, either before the hunting pressure alters deer movement or after it fades, then there is no reason to hunt anywhere else but close to woody cover.

In much of northern Indiana, deer have little choice but to live in the slimmest of cover, often quite a distance from a woodlot. However, you are anthropomorphizing deer, when you suggest that they "learn" to live in those places. That is to say, it makes sense to a human mind that this would be the case, but the science is quite different. The truth of the matter is two-fold: Some deer, just like some people, are inherently reclusive, and the home range a yearling buck sets up after dispersing from the doe that cast him is where he is highly likely (about 90%) to live the rest of his life, irrespective of any supposed learning it does. Those bucks that people find living in tiny patches of cover are there because they have been displaced from the best habitat by an aggressive matriarch; doe family groups always dominate the best pieces of ground, both in terms of cover and food availability. What you perceive as deer that have "learned" is really more a consequence of natural behavior. The primary reason older bucks are harder to kill is because they are shy and nocturnal, by nature, and because they represent such a small fraction of the total population. Where selective harvest (and not high-grading) has resulted in an advanced herd age structure, killing older bucks is quite a bit easier, but you have to set aside human notions about how and why deer live where they do to achieve those types of management goals.

My personal goals are to improve habitat quality, promote strong recruitment, and harvest only mature animals, (2.5 or older) and I've been reasonably successful at it. Most people don't manage their land or their harvest decisions at all...they just want to shoot a big buck. Long-range rifle cartridges will only marginally increase the number of big bucks taken in Indiana, simply because there are few of them to be harvested, and close range shots (150 and less) will still result in the vast majority of deer killed. When you set aside preconceived notions, and understand the science instead of thinking like a human, the behaviors of deer become less mysterious. Your hunting success usually goes up a bit, too.

I know I come across as condescending, and it surely rubs some people the wrong way, but that's mostly because of how I write and the fact that I have studied certain subjects extensively. For example, I have been reloading metallic cartridges for 30 years, have developed wildcat cartridges, and if I may be so immodest, I know more about cartridges than 99% of the people in Indiana. I have also studied deer biology, in a formal sense, so I've learned that a great deal of what I "thought" I knew was wrong. In the process of learning about these two topics, I have formed some strong opinions, and express them as such. Some folks get their nose out of joint because they don't like their preconceived notions being challenged, or refuted by science, so I sometimes get under peoples skin. That truly is not my intent, it is simply to share factual information. Read from it what you will. :)

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    In much of northern Indiana, deer have little choice but to live in the slimmest of cover, often quite a distance from a woodlot. However, you are anthropomorphizing deer, when you suggest that they "learn" to live in those places. That is to say, it makes sense to a human mind that this would be the case, but the science is quite different. The truth of the matter is two-fold: Some deer, just like some people, are inherently reclusive, and the home range a yearling buck sets up after dispersing from the doe that cast him is where he is highly likely (about 90%) to live the rest of his life, irrespective of any supposed learning it does. Those bucks that people find living in tiny patches of cover are there because they have been displaced from the best habitat by an aggressive matriarch; doe family groups always dominate the best pieces of ground, both in terms of cover and food availability. What you perceive as deer that have "learned" is really more a consequence of natural behavior. The primary reason older bucks are harder to kill is because they are shy and nocturnal, by nature, and because they represent such a small fraction of the total population. Where selective harvest (and not high-grading) has resulted in an advanced herd age structure, killing older bucks is quite a bit easier, but you have to set aside human notions about how and why deer live where they do to achieve those types of management goals.

My personal goals are to improve habitat quality, promote strong recruitment, and harvest only mature animals, (2.5 or older) and I've been reasonably successful at it. Most people don't manage their land or their harvest decisions at all...they just want to shoot a big buck. Long-range rifle cartridges will only marginally increase the number of big bucks taken in Indiana, simply because there are few of them to be harvested, and close range shots (150 and less) will still result in the vast majority of deer killed. When you set aside preconceived notions, and understand the science instead of thinking like a human, the behaviors of deer become less mysterious. Your hunting success usually goes up a bit, too.

I know I come across as condescending, and it surely rubs some people the wrong way, but that's mostly because of how I write and the fact that I have studied certain subjects extensively. For example, I have been reloading metallic cartridges for 30 years, have developed wildcat cartridges, and if I may be so immodest, I know more about cartridges than 99% of the people in Indiana. I have also studied deer biology, in a formal sense, so I've learned that a great deal of what I "thought" I knew was wrong. In the process of learning about these two topics, I have formed some strong opinions, and express them as such. Some folks get their nose out of joint because they don't like their preconceived notions being challenged, or refuted by science, so I sometimes get under peoples skin. That truly is not my intent, it is simply to share factual information. Read from it what you will. :)

I'm not anthropomorphizing deer at all. I'm not sure if I'm not being clear enough or if you simply don't understand that deer react to hunting pressure. I'm also not sure there is point in continuing this conversation if you don't grasp that deer do indeed learn to recognize and avoid danger. Assuming that you are indeed aware of this fact, I'll try one more time. You are correct in that deer are individuals and some are reclusive. However the rest of your first paragraph is a mixture of half truths and outdated information. Depending on location and habitat, 5-10% of bucks have non-contiguous or split home ranges separated by areas that they only travel through while going from one range to another, sometimes these ranges are miles apart but most often they are closer together. Of the remaining 90-95% of bucks, most will exhibit home range variation to a smaller extent throughout the year and most of those that live to maturity will exhibit smaller home ranges whose borders and even location change from time. All of these changes in home range usage and location are in response to a variety of factors such as preferred food sources and hunting pressure. Outside of the rut, doe family groups have little effect on buck home range usage or location. These changes almost always occur within the normal home range instead of involving a move outside of the normal home range. In summary, when a portion of a buck's home range is no longer meeting the essential needs of that buck, in this case protection from danger, the buck moves to a different portion of that home range that better meets those needs.

I'm not sure what your point here actually is since I said from my first post that the increased range of rifles would have little effect on the deer population.

A bit of friendly advice; the next time you decide to discuss biology with an actual biologist, you'll sound a lot less condescending if you pay attention a bit more and drop the high handed act. It might also help if you didn't insist on clinging to information that was 15-20 years out of date.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central

My personal goals are to enjoy Gods` wondrous creation, put wonderful, flavorful venison on the table, and experience everything that has to do with deer hunting.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    My personal goals are to enjoy Gods` wondrous creation, put wonderful, flavorful venison on the table, and experience everything that has to do with deer hunting.

Exactly
    Deer season is my vacation each year.
    Enjoying nothing but the sound of wildlife chatter, the occasional distant combine or tractor, and hoping to spot the occasional wary raptor, in between looking for my deer.
    I now make it a habit to pray over my quarry the moment that I walk up to it after having decisively brought it down, thanking the beautiful animal for its bounty and the Lord for having steadied my hand.
    Those who have never hunted can't understand the simplicity of making a slight return to our earliest existence in this way.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    I'm not anthropomorphizing deer at all. I'm not sure if I'm not being clear enough or if you simply don't understand that deer react to hunting pressure. I'm also not sure there is point in continuing this conversation if you don't grasp that deer do indeed learn to recognize and avoid danger. Assuming that you are indeed aware of this fact, I'll try one more time. You are correct in that deer are individuals and some are reclusive. However the rest of your first paragraph is a mixture of half truths and outdated information. Depending on location and habitat, 5-10% of bucks have non-contiguous or split home ranges separated by areas that they only travel through while going from one range to another, sometimes these ranges are miles apart but most often they are closer together. Of the remaining 90-95% of bucks, most will exhibit home range variation to a smaller extent throughout the year and most of those that live to maturity will exhibit smaller home ranges whose borders and even location change from time. All of these changes in home range usage and location are in response to a variety of factors such as preferred food sources and hunting pressure. Outside of the rut, doe family groups have little effect on buck home range usage or location. These changes almost always occur within the normal home range instead of involving a move outside of the normal home range. In summary, when a portion of a buck's home range is no longer meeting the essential needs of that buck, in this case protection from danger, the buck moves to a different portion of that home range that better meets those needs.

I'm not sure what your point here actually is since I said from my first post that the increased range of rifles would have little effect on the deer population.

A bit of friendly advice; the next time you decide to discuss biology with an actual biologist, you'll sound a lot less condescending if you pay attention a bit more and drop the high handed act. It might also help if you didn't insist on clinging to information that was 15-20 years out of date.

Bucks with non-contiguous ranges are another byproduct of habitat that has been largely deforested, or bisected by major human development. That was discussed in the deer biology courses I took through Clemson University, two years ago. It is likely applicable in much of Northern Indiana, where deer have had to adapt to what little suitable habitat remains. Buck dispersion, excursions and home range versus core area were also covered in detail. You say that doe family groups have little effect on buck home range usage or location, but fail to mention that the initial establishment of that range is very much influenced by where those doe groups will tolerate them. I don't know what biology you studied, but it clearly wasn't up-to-date telemetry studies of deer.

The point I'm trying to make, since you're still struggling to grasp it, is that the deer you see a long ways away from traditional cover have not "learned" how far away from an orange blob they need to be in order to be safe from a slug gun or muzzle-loader bullet. At least we agree that the increase in effective range will have little impact on deer numbers, and specifically older bucks.

If you'd like to study up on how to make dramatic improvements to habitat, to go along with the recent knowledge of buck home ranges you acquired, let me know.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Exactly
    Deer season is my vacation each year.
    Enjoying nothing but the sound of wildlife chatter, the occasional distant combine or tractor, and hoping to spot the occasional wary raptor, in between looking for my deer.
    I now make it a habit to pray over my quarry the moment that I walk up to it after having decisively brought it down, thanking the beautiful animal for its bounty and the Lord for having steadied my hand.
    Those who have never hunted can't understand the simplicity of making a slight return to our earliest existence in this way.

You said it well. It`s how I reconnect with the natural world, and it refreshes my spirit in a way nothing else really can, and I love being in the last of the wild places.

Top Bottom