• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Another great source for cheap wool clothes is just getting on ebay. I got there years ago and typed in "Men's wool (enter size)" and then I just sort by the lowest price. I got a couple of nice sweaters that would look ugly at a party but are beautiful in the woods.

Be careful with this, though. Lots of people sell their wool gear because they shrunk it.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Be careful with this, though. Lots of people sell their wool gear because they shrunk it.

Absolutely, and I expect it to show up a size or two smaller than it should be. I always try to buy one or two sizes bigger when I do this, and I've only bought two items like this before in the past, but both times they were great for what I'm doing with it. One of them was a nearly new LL Bean 100% wool sweater with in a knick in the elbow that was around $10-15 ish shipped to my door? For gear that is going to actually get used buying used off ebay is a dream. So much north face gore-tex or brand xyz that's amazing gear, but out of style and now people don't want it. Whether it's no longer fashsionable or has a minor snag there's some great "used" winter clothes on ebay.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Absolutely, and I expect it to show up a size or two smaller than it should be. I always try to buy one or two sizes bigger when I do this, and I've only bought two items like this before in the past, but both times they were great for what I'm doing with it. One of them was a nearly new LL Bean 100% wool sweater with in a knick in the elbow that was around $10-15 ish shipped to my door? For gear that is going to actually get used buying used off ebay is a dream. So much north face gore-tex or brand xyz that's amazing gear, but out of style and now people don't want it. Whether it's no longer fashsionable or has a minor snag there's some great "used" winter clothes on ebay.

Completely agree. The squirrels in the forest don't care that I'm wearing last season's styles. I have picked up a lot of gear this way.

I was just cautioning someone who is new to buying used gear, especially wool. Sometimes the seller posts measurements; if they don't, you can ask for them.

Top Bottom