• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    A few nights ago, I was putting some stuff in my car parked in front of the house and my dog was out with me when an IMPD cop showed up in front of my house. A chill ran down my spine. I tried to call him to me, but I was too terrified to make a sound. When the officer stepped out and put his hands on his belt, I managed to muster enough strength to give my dog the command for down as he was running toward certain death. Then I called him to me and informed the officer that I was putting the dog away. He said, "That's OK. He seems pretty obedient." Hah! No, sir. I was not going to fall for that one.

After locking him in the crate and going back out, the officer gave me some BS story about someone calling from a cell phone about a civil dispute between myself and a contractor. Likely story. It was 2300 hrs and there was no contractor at my house. He just saw my dog in the front yard and thought he had an easy target. He showed me the call in his laptop, but it was probably something his dog-killing friends had sent him. There more details to the call and after ruling them out as strange and impossible, we both suspected it was a prank call.

When he left, I could see the disappointment in his eyes. He even stayed in his car for a few minutes hoping I would let my guard down and allow my dog out, but I did not even allow him behind the front door, lest some Horiuchi disciple gets him. After the cop finally left, I embraced my dog dearly and gave him a big steak. He never knows how close he came to his demise

Please send this to as many people as possible. Cops are out there and they WILL shoot your dog if given the chance. Please be vigilant.

Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville
    I'm not sure where you live but I'm pretty sure a vast majority, (oh like 99.9%) of Leo's have much better things to do than drive around and shoot dogs. EVEN if they wanted to for some unknown reason the paperwork alone they would have to fill out each time they got their jollies would make it not so much fun.

Do you really believe this?

bobcoop06

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    Marshall County
    I'm not sure where you live but I'm pretty sure a vast majority, (oh like 99.9%) of Leo's have much better things to do than drive around and shoot dogs. EVEN if they wanted to for some unknown reason the paperwork alone they would have to fill out each time they got their jollies would make it not so much fun.

You'd be surprised. I've been known to spend nearly an entire shift doing nothing but shooting dogs. Oh, and running over rabbits. :popcorn:

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond

I am no fan of government or their employees but that seems a little far fetched to think the police are out dog hunting for practice.

Stop!!!!

Reread that, slower if you must.

Now do you get it??

Keep reading it until you do. Oh and Goofle the word "Sarcasm".

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    A few nights ago, I was putting some stuff in my car parked in front of the house and my dog was out with me when an IMPD cop showed up in front of my house. A chill ran down my spine. I tried to call him to me, but I was too terrified to make a sound. When the officer stepped out and put his hands on his belt, I managed to muster enough strength to give my dog the command for down as he was running toward certain death. Then I called him to me and informed the officer that I was putting the dog away. He said, "That's OK. He seems pretty obedient." Hah! No, sir. I was not going to fall for that one.

After locking him in the crate and going back out, the officer gave me some BS story about someone calling from a cell phone about a civil dispute between myself and a contractor. Likely story. It was 2300 hrs and there was no contractor at my house. He just saw my dog in the front yard and thought he had an easy target. He showed me the call in his laptop, but it was probably something his dog-killing friends had sent him. There more details to the call and after ruling them out as strange and impossible, we both suspected it was a prank call.

When he left, I could see the disappointment in his eyes. He even stayed in his car for a few minutes hoping I would let my guard down and allow my dog out, but I did not even allow him behind the front door, lest some Horiuchi disciple gets him. After the cop finally left, I embraced my dog dearly and gave him a big steak. He never knows how close he came to his demise

Please send this to as many people as possible. Cops are out there and they WILL shoot your dog if given the chance. Please be vigilant.

FTFY :popcorn:

Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville
    You'd be surprised. I've been known to spend nearly an entire shift doing nothing but shooting dogs. Oh, and running over rabbits. :popcorn:

Not much going on in Culver huh? You should at least get to spend most your time at the academy range.

I can pick on you guys up there I grew up in North Judson.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    Stop!!!!

Reread that, slower if you must.

Now do you get it??

Keep reading it until you do. Oh and Goofle the word "Sarcasm".

People who try to "imply" sarcasm on the internet without any outside indicators just come off looking like morons......as evidenced here in this thread. Also, I love the Freudian slip in your post. Intended or not.

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    There have been too many anti-cop and dog shooting threads lately for me to "lighten up".

Give it a couple months without a cop-bashing thread or a dog-shootin' thread, and I'll find it funny.

In other words, it's just too soon. Sorry, just the way it is.

Top Bottom