• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ryan3326

Marksman
    Rating - 97.6%
    40   1   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    Indiana
    Loving every shot put down range with my Kimber I started looking at the .22 conversion kits to shoot more for less. I was having a hard time paying $350 for a conversion kit when there are other designated 1911's in .22 for the same money. I decided to buy a GSG 1911-22 and couldn't be happier.

Not being one to leave things "as-is", I had to make a few mods to it.

-Ed Brown trigger
    -Kimber tactical rubber grips (off my TLE/RL II)

I also polished all of the internals, gave it a fresh coat of DuraCoat (to cover up all of the "read owners manual" notices on the frame and used Flitz polishing compound on the slide rails until it cycles perfectly smooth!

I have a little more in it than when I started - maybe $100, but considering I paid $325 for it - I would still rather have a completely seperate pistol than have almost the same $$ in a conversion kit.

Pics don't do it justice - but tell me what you think. Obviously, it is the one on top:

IMG-20110506-00046.jpg

Last edited:

Fireaxes

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2010
    Wabash County
    Looks good to me!

I also couldn't leave mine alone. I put on a single sided thumb safety, a wilson combat grip safety and a flat mainspring housing. Thus getting rid of the magazine safety.

vazquezshell

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2011
    I am fairly new to handguns and I just bought a gsg 1911-22. I was wondering on how you polished the rails with Flitz to make it cycle better, because it seems my slide has a tendancy to stick every once in a while

Yukon227

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 15, 2011
    Henry County
    I also just joined the 1911-22 club. I chose the Sig Sauer. I got it Friday and have only put 100 rounds thru it so far. I am more than pleased. I haven't thought of mods yet...but now my wheels are turning

Top Bottom