• ...and so much more!
  • Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    The P7 series, as mentioned above, as well as the Walther CCP pistols both employ this type of action - successfully.

I'd love to shoot one of those Aliens! Someone else can own it.

spencer5650

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 22, 2013
    Bedford
    Would love to shoot one, but too rich for my blood. Definitely a lot more interested in this than the latest and greatest of more conventional designs.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    The P7 series, as mentioned above, as well as the Walther CCP pistols both employ this type of action - successfully.

I'd love to shoot one of those Aliens! Someone else can own it.

One thing the P7 had against it was after about a few mags, the pistol would become really hot due to the gas system being right above the trigger.
    (The P8 had a polymer heat shield to help remedy this.)

This one doesn't have that problem, due to the gas system being up top.

Here's InRange TV's video on it.

[video=youtube_share;G5u9k9qq2-o]http://youtu.be/G5u9k9qq2-o[/video]

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    One thing the P7 had against it was after about a few mags, the pistol would become really hot due to the gas system being right above the trigger.
    (The P8 had a polymer heat shield to help remedy this.)

This one doesn't have that problem, due to the gas system being up top.

Here's InRange TV's video on it.

P8 is the german service designation (or whatever you call it) for the HK USP. P7M8 is the 2nd gen P7 with the trigger guard lever mag release and plastic guard.

The plastic guard helps but not much. Back to back, I can shoot about a box before it's noteworthy. 2 boxes and it's unpleasant. At a slower pace like our club steel matches, 150 rnds in an hr or 2 gets it quite warm but not unpleasant.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    P8 is the german service designation (or whatever you call it) for the HK USP. P7M8 is the 2nd gen P7 with the trigger guard lever mag release and plastic guard.

Thanks for correcting me. I was trying to remember what MAC had said in his video.

I have never had experience with this. One of the podcasts I listen to, the hosts dad was a LEO in Maine. Their police dept carried P7's in the early 80's. His dad and other officers always complained about the pistol getting too hot during drill's. They eventually had someone from higher up shoot it a decent amount. They figured they couldn't practice enough with it so the P7 was switched to a P226.

I didn't know about the P7M8 until watching the video I linked above.

Top Bottom