Law enforcement and personal carry question.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ru6797

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2014
    Niles
    most don't know the laws and they change so much every time something bad happens the honest person gets punished

zipper89

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Honestly as far as my opinion there are good people and bad people same with law enforcement. It is not my place to take that groups ability away but to bring us up to thier level. How can I defend myself against say a bad cop if all I have is a sling shot while the cop is pointing. A bullet at my hand... And to be perfectly honest as much crap that is going on in USA I can't think of a better place to live.. Now I have hear story's of a place not sure of where it is... But there is no crime. No gun free zones, every person can open carry, every person is required to have firearm training and is required to serve in the military. It's up to you if you own a weapon after that.. Would love to see that.. And the damn 1986 law lifted. I believe it's the 1986 law.. No new machine guns other than what's listed.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Honestly as far as my opinion there are good people and bad people same with law enforcement. It is not my place to take that groups ability away but to bring us up to thier level. How can I defend myself against say a bad cop if all I have is a sling shot while the cop is pointing. A bullet at my hand... And to be perfectly honest as much crap that is going on in USA I can't think of a better place to live.. Now I have hear story's of a place not sure of where it is... But there is no crime. No gun free zones, every person can open carry, every person is required to have firearm training and is required to serve in the military. It's up to you if you own a weapon after that.. Would love to see that.. And the damn 1986 law lifted. I believe it's the 1986 law.. No new machine guns other than what's listed.

So basically you want to remove one form of tyranny, and impose another?

zipper89

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    No if that how it came off I am sorry. I don't agree with forcing anyone to do anything.. But the idea seems to be solid. every person knows how to use a firearm. You don't have to own one if you don't want them.. But no crime sounds like a wonderful world dose it not?

Last edited:

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    A lot of folk don't understand well the concept of delegation, authority, privilege, and responsibility.

We, as many societies do and have done, have decided that we are going to delegate certain responsibilities and authority to select groups of people. None of us are responsible for personally delivering our mail, or setting up our own library. Or putting out our own fires by ourselves. We have created institutions to do such things for us. Note well the concept that the authority and responsibility is ONLY delegated...not given exclusively and in perpetuity. We retain the privilege, if necessary, to conduct ourselves with the same authority. However, it is generally not a standard situation when we do so.

We have delegated the law enforcement community certain powers and authority that the community has as a whole. The police ONLY derive these from the community.

Therefore, since the police have the given authority to protect the community they also have certain powers to do so. They get to wear uniforms, drive neat-o cars, and generally act in the position of the community in enforcing laws. The public has said, we will refrain from acting in this fashion as we have the group to do so for us. One of these situations might be carrying a weapon where others are not allowed to do so.

Now, with educated, intelligent community they will understand the word "delegate". It doesn't mean to "take over." It doesn't mean "only ones." And it doesn't mean that a superior group is now in existence. However, the government has worked long and hard through many decades of government schooling and other circumstances to ensure that the "educated, intelligent community" is largely a thing of the past.

The theory and the way a community works hasn't changed. But the willingness of the people to not know that WE are the authority, WE are the ones with the responsibility, and WE are the ones with the privileges has slowly disappeared.

ru6797

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2014
    Niles
    As a reserve we wondered when michigan changed there laws if we would be able to carry in free zones and i know there are a lot of people that are just as qualified to do also,but think about this why is it the all court personal, there friends and anyone that is friends with anyone who is high up in law enforcement can get a permit to go into free zones, it's who you know not what you know

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    As a reserve we wondered when michigan changed there laws if we would be able to carry in free zones and i know there are a lot of people that are just as qualified to do also,but think about this why is it the all court personal, there friends and anyone that is friends with anyone who is high up in law enforcement can get a permit to go into free zones, it's who you know not what you know

#1 Punctuation is your friend.
    #2 :n00b:
    #3 what is a permit to go into gun free zones? I don't know what that looks like.
    #4 how high up in law enforcement does one have to be to obtain said permit?
    #5 so you're saying that if I make friends with court personnel then I can get one of these mysterious permits?
    #6 :n00b:
    #7 I know a lot of people and I know a lot of things. Best of both worlds? You think that would qualify me for one of these permits?

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    #1 Punctuation is your friend.
    #2 :n00b:
    #3 what is a permit to go into gun free zones? I don't know what that looks like.
    #4 how high up in law enforcement does one have to be to obtain said permit?
    #5 so you're saying that if I make friends with court personnel then I can get one of these mysterious permits?
    #6 :n00b:
    #7 I know a lot of people and I know a lot of things. Best of both worlds? You think that would qualify me for one of these permits?

That's up there with the mystical "Class Three License" that allows dealers to carry a gun anywhere and buy machineguns and build suppressors and menace the municipality, b/c they "know someone high up". Purple where ne... Awhhh, what's the point... :(

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I really do not like to "pile-on" newer folks or make INGO feel unwelcoming to new members, but when someone joins INGO and immediately spouts this kind of equine excrement, it's sometimes hard to take the high road.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Absolutely! There has long been an opinion here that it's unfair that this group can do something that I can't, so we should take it away from that group. I get it, it's not right that one group has it better than another. I don't think the answer is bringing that group down, but rather lifting the other group up. This goes beyond guns and rights though. I've known people to complain about a certain group at work gets more days off or better benefits and the solution is to knock them down a peg until everyone is even. How does knocking Group A down help Group B at all?

Mutual support would be fine but when things are proposed to bring group B up to where group A is at but various groups associated with group A come out and oppose it and the politicians listen to them it's kind of hard.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Here is a thought that just crossed my mind if I am not allowed to carry in " a gun free zone" why is a cop allowed to carry? On a second note what makes law enforcement so special that they are allowed to have thing that us peons can not say for a ex. 30 round mags and assault weapons in places alike California? How can law enforcement enforce laws if they do not know them?
    Because I'm better than you...next question.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Because I'm better than you...next question.
    I know you don't believe that because your a good guy and cop, but sadly some politicians do. I'm personally glad you guys can carry anywhere because I'm always supportive of good guys having guns to fight bad guys off in gun free zones. We just need to work together to get the laws passed to allow all good gun owners to carry everywhere too. Without becoming a felon if your caught carrying somewhere the current law prohibits.

dont get me wrong, yes I'm jealous and pissed that I can't too, but I'd never support a law that takes away cops rights to carry as long as they are safe and held accountable the same as everyone else is.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Brandonki
    Top Bottom