• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    What you bet the old guy called in a complaint?
    No one ever gets how hard it is to be the guy in the middle. This vid shows it pretty well.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    This kind of stuff happens everyday where we actually protect rights...they just don't get recorded. I've done so myself. Good video BTW. The old guy was a dick.

Last edited:

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    That old guy was awesome. I'm guessing he gets paid fairly well to not know what he is talking about. Maybe someday I'll be as lucky. Good on the officer and those handing out the information but I'd prefer it go back to the day that we didn't have to be fondled by people to board a plane. Maybe everyone should just wear bicycle shorts or wrestling singlets so they can see the packages we're concealing.

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    What you bet the old guy called in a complaint?
    No one ever gets how hard it is to be the guy in the middle. This vid shows it pretty well.

The old dude, Myers I think his name was, says right in the beginning when he first confronts them "Call the sheriff." He simply assumed the sheriff's deputy would take them away on his command. It was evident on his smug mug until the deputy shut him down. Good job deputy.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Why is this so shocking?

To be quite honest, these types of encounters either don't get recorded or when they do, they aren't sensational enough to post. A video of a cop screwing up will ALWAYS get more hits than one doing his/her job correctly...what fun is that to watch?

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    So is this public property or something? I know Indy International is privately owned. Couldn't the guy have just asked them to leave? I'm glad the cop handled it well, but it seems to me, the old fart was so worried about the recording that he neglected to just ask them to leave.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    So is this public property or something? I know Indy International is privately owned. Couldn't the guy have just asked them to leave? I'm glad the cop handled it well, but it seems to me, the old fart was so worried about the recording that he neglected to just ask them to leave.

I was wondering the same thing. I was thinking it was publicly owned there.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    I'm calling it a fake, look at all the people, they appear ignorant to the ssituation around them. Impossible!

What I do see here though is were folks confuse the constitution with private sector. If the airport is privately ran and you break their rules, they can ask you to leave =trespassing if you don't... sound familiar? Now, being a check point and travel location and all that, I'm ignorant to how law works here. TSA = federal contracted employees or government employees? Does that still make it private property?

I'm not sure.

Last edited:

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    What's truly amazing is that it explicitly reveals how the deputy -- with probably a high school education, perhaps a college degree in criminal justice -- is expected to know EVERY nuance of EVERY law, federal, state and local, and also function as a therapist and mediator between agressive parties. And they're expected to step into situations like this several times every day, and NEVER BE WRONG.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    What's truly amazing is that it explicitly reveals how the deputy -- with probably a high school education, perhaps a college degree in criminal justice -- is expected to know EVERY nuance of EVERY law, federal, state and local, and also function as a therapist and mediator between agressive parties. And they're expected to step into situations like this several times every day, and NEVER BE WRONG.

If folks really had any idea how true this really was!

I would be a curb stomper like my hero frank-in-stein too. :D

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    I don't think the old man was the PR guy that the deputy referred to. If it was, he is the worst PR guy in history.

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    As for the info with respect to Albany Int'l Airport, it is owned by Albany County and run by a pseudo-corporate entity called the Albany County Airport Authority. It is Public Property masquerading as private business. They could ask the filming citizens to leave, but have no lawful authority to make them. Remember when the deputy says "They aren't breaking any laws..." and rattles off a few legal codes? If this were private property, they would be trespassing. Since it's public, they're free to do just as they were.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    As for the info with respect to Albany Int'l Airport, it is owned by Albany County and run by a pseudo-corporate entity called the Albany County Airport Authority. It is Public Property masquerading as private business. They could ask the filming citizens to leave, but have no lawful authority to make them. Remember when the deputy says "They aren't breaking any laws..." and rattles off a few legal codes? If this were private property, they would be trespassing. Since it's public, they're free to do just as they were.
    Thanks for the clarification. That's why I was asking.

Top Bottom