• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Noblesville
    Are there any lawyers in the noblesville area that would mind talking with me about this I am poor and my family needs help. My grandmother down in kentucky has recently been having problems she is senile and not lucid very much. My aunt and uncle were living with her taking care of her but my aunt was caught stealing from her and was confronted about but denied it. She also then convinced my grandmother to sign over her will disowning my mother and all of my other uncles and aunts. Then she convinced my grandmother that my uncle was picking on her and got him kicked out when he was the only responsible one there. For now since my uncle was the only other person on my grandmothers bank account we had him remove the money and move it to another account so it can't be stolen. When he went to pay my grandmothers rent my aunt called the bank and said he stole it and both accounts were locked. She is now not answering the phone and not letting family members into the house. She was also caught stealing medicine from my family members including my grandmother. I know she is not being properly cared for and all my aunts and uncles are busy playing he said she said to actually try to take of this I seriously need help I am greatly concerned for my grandmothers life. She is not lucid she was in the hospital last summer and forgot we visited her and forgot her own children's faces. I called her the other day and she asked me the same question repeatedly I don't want her put in a home we just need my aunt taken away from her she is not making it possible for her to be taken care of. Like I said I am poor I work constantly to help my parents pay their rent I will pay what little I can but please I relly need help of some type.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    While you wait to consult with an attorney, you might want to consult Indiana's Family Social Services Administration, Adult Protective Services: 1-800-992-6978. They investigate elder abuse, neglect and exploitation -- the later being exactly what you described in your post. Their site also describes another service that your aunt can avail herself of:
    The Community and Home Options to Institutional Care for the Elderly and Disabled (CHOICE) provides case management services, assessment, and in-home and community services to individuals who are at least 60 years of age or persons of any age who have a disability due to a mental or physical impairment and who are found to be at risk of losing their independence.

Godspeed!

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    If you feel she is in immediate danger. Call the local(where your grandmother is) Sheriff and explain what is going on and request a health and wellfare check.

And ask for THE Sheriff.....not a deputy. You want THE Sheriff directly in the loop and he can delegate authority down to the deputies as he sees fit.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Both good advice above. Good luck, family sucks sometimes. Don't let the awkwardness stop you. Fight for your grandmother as if you were your grandfather.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Noblesville
    Thanks a lot guys we already contacted some authorities in kentucky about the exploitation and neglect. I am mainly just worried about the fact that the will was changed and my aunt will get everything now, not that I want the stuff but she has been caught trying to throw away the medals my grandma recieved on behalf of my uncle who died in Vietnam and other important things to my grandma and she is the last person we want to recieve grandmas house and things because they will not be appreciated or cared for.

Top Bottom