• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    I replaced my lawn mower engine and mowed my whole front yard roughly 1 acre total sq feet. I even shut it off twice and let it cool to check oil level in the first hour or so of running. Then I started on the back 2 acres. All of a sudden my mower dies. I try to start it...nada. I charged the battery all night and still nothing the next morning. I check the plugs and I'm not even getting spark, it cranks but no spark. I don't believe it's a sheared flywheel key as its a new motor. (B&S Vanguard 18HP VTwin, 350000 series). I'm checking the flywheel tonight and checking ground wires but not sure where to go from there.

--neither plugs spark

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    Check ignition coil mounting screws. Did they work loose and open the gap between the coil and the flywheel? Ohm out coil primary and secondary. Should be low resistance (not infinite) on the primary side and high resistance somewhere around 10-20k on the secondary side. Check for 12vdc+ on the primary side of coil while cranking engine.

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    Check ignition coil mounting screws. Did they work loose and open the gap between the coil and the flywheel? Ohm out coil primary and secondary. Should be low resistance (not infinite) on the primary side and high resistance somewhere around 10-20k on the secondary side. Check for 12vdc+ on the primary side of coil while cranking engine.

Thanks, I didn't have an actual multi-meter just a check light. I'm borrowing the one I have at work and will check that out.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Brandonki
    Top Bottom