• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jtcollardjr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    South Bend Indiana
    I'm having a hard time finding out if there are any laws that might stop me from carrying a handgun while riding a motorcycle. None of the South Bend officers have been able to answer this. Can anybody help me? :popcorn:

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    No laws against carrying other than the obvious. You need a LTCH to carry a handgun. You can carry a long gun without one. There have been one or two threads in the past about folks carrying on their bikes. If you have a LTCH you're good to go. Open carry or concealed.

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    I'm having a hard time finding out if there are any laws that might stop me from carrying a handgun while riding a motorcycle. None of the South Bend officers have been able to answer this. Can anybody help me? :popcorn:

Motorcycle = motor vehicle

All gun laws applying to motor vehicles, apply in the same manner to motorcycles.

jtcollardjr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    South Bend Indiana
    No laws against carrying other than the obvious. You need a LTCH to carry a handgun. You can carry a long gun without one. There have been one or two threads in the past about folks carrying on their bikes. If you have a LTCH you're good to go. Open carry or concealed.

Awesome I have my LTCH so looks like i'm set to ride. Thank you

UnionPmedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Bikers are not, by any means, allowed to carry firearms. They are all hooligans and definitely not "proper persons." You may carry on a moped.

:D;)

Beemer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Bloomington
    Bikers are not, by any means, allowed to carry firearms. They are all hooligans and definitely not "proper persons." You may carry on a moped.

:D;)

Not sure if I want some of those moped riders carrying. There is a reason they are on mopeds and its not cause chicks dig them.:):

Drakkule

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Butler,IN. 46721
    I went for a ride after I got home from picking up my new 37mm flare launcher, and I went right after work, and still had my Glock on my hip. I carry everyday, and didn't even think about concealing it, now mind you, I'm 350lbs, hair to the middle of my back, both my arms have tattoo sleeves, so I look like "that type" of "biker". Not one thing said, or done other than a few nods. Strap it on and hit the wind.

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    I went for a ride after I got home from picking up my new 37mm flare launcher, and I went right after work, and still had my Glock on my hip. I carry everyday, and didn't even think about concealing it, now mind you, I'm 350lbs, hair to the middle of my back, both my arms have tattoo sleeves, so I look like "that type" of "biker". Not one thing said, or done other than a few nods. Strap it on and hit the wind.

Yep you sure sound like one of them ther moped riders they were talkin about above this post!!! We don't cotton to yur kind around these parts!!! :laugh:

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Fun fact: Ever wonder why Indian motorcycles had the throttle on the left handle bar?

It let police use their right hand to shoot while they were riding as most of the bikes were designed for patrol.

JasonB

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2013
    Pittsboro, IN
    Just do us all a Favor... Be sure to carry a beat up piece that won't make everyone on INGO sick if we have to see Pics of nice guns that have road rash from not being able to avoid the 10 billion pot holes on our roads these days...

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    YES, my LEO buddy calls mopeds, DUI transportation ..... :laugh:

Just so that we're clear, scooter =/= moped. :draw:

I rode my scooter two hours to meet an INGO'er. Bought the rifle, secured the soft case to the scooter and rode home. And of course, my .45 was OC as always when I'm riding.

Top Bottom