• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Here's hoping that this case finally kills off the entire draft registration BS. This girl makes a solid point. If they won't register females, too then they shouldn't be registering anyone. Slavery should not be tolerated in this country, nor should forcing people to sign up to be enslaved. We always seem to have more than enough volunteers for service. The last thing the military needs, (or wants) is someone there who is an unwilling participant.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2015/07/15/lawsuit-challenges-constitutionality-of-male-only-draft-registration/

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Why? Are you in favour of indentured servitude? The military doesn't want a draft or draftees. Best we just do away with the entire thing so only those who truly wish to serve and have the aptitude for it are impacted.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Why? Are you in favour of indentured servitude? The military doesn't want a draft or draftees. Best we just do away with the entire thing so only those who truly wish to serve and have the aptitude for it are impacted.

I'll just use one of your favorite logical nuggets: It's not likely to change anyway so everyone ought to be treated the same under the law. Maybe we can get some 14th Amendment action here to support making women sign up for the draft too.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Enslavement? Really? Slaves generally don't get paid, servicemen always have. Good thing better men than you stand ready to protect that which you won't.

Whether they pay you or not, when you are drafted someone is sticking a gun in your face and forcing you to fight for them. It's involuntary servitude and that's a form of slavery. Sorry you're incapable of seeing that.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Be careful what you wish for ladies. You just might get it.

Since the dawn of humans men have been more expendable and wombs have been more valuable to the tribe.

This remains true today and is just one of many reasons why a society of people dedicated to perpetuating the species doesn't send their women off to war en masse.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Enslavement? Really? Slaves generally don't get paid, servicemen always have. Good thing better men than you stand ready to protect that which you won't.

Mrjarrell enjoys his hyperbole.

0e3aa0248692889171443795e0c659e8.jpg

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Whether they pay you or not, when you are drafted someone is sticking a gun in your face and forcing you to fight for them. It's involuntary servitude and that's a form of slavery. Sorry you're incapable of seeing that.

Uh-oh Mr. J, now you've gone and done it. You've failed to acknowledge the unassailable, All-American Harley-sage / Mountain-Man rationale for the draft, namely: if we register people for the draft, then all them-thar college-ejumacated elitist Nancy-boy types up thar in Worshindon will have to think twicet 'bout startin' themselves another war, yessiree, because it'll be _their_ young'uns what'll be gettin' sent off fer Cannon Fodder, instead of just the ditch-digging boys for a change.

Soooo...(as the reasoning goes): all the more reason to sign up women too, yes? Thet thar should _really_ make them politickers think twice...eh wot?

...Chivalry vs. Patriotism, shackled together and forced to fight to the death.
    This here thread has potential. :patriot:

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Mars Hill
    I'm sure Israelis enjoy their form of slavery compared to the other's who would want to destroy and enslave them.

Mr.j will ruffle feathers, push buttons, call people liars and question their character till some one gets banned.

Nobody has been drafted lately, once the girl is of age she can enlist. :dunno:

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    I was unaware that kids still have to register for the draft. I honestly thought they stopped that long ago.

Failure to register for selective service automatically prevents you from obtaining federal employment. I had an issue when I was doing my security clearance. They couldn't find me in the database. It goes by name, county of registration, and birthday. Someone had entered my birth day wrong, instead of the 10th, they put the 5th. Right month and year... it took someone approximately 10 minutes on the phone to find and correct. But I was told to go home and resolve the matter before reporting back to work. It is an automatic disqualifier.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Maybe. If you agree with equal opportunity enslavement.

Next you'll be telling us jury duty and paying taxes is enslavement. How about laws that mandate bakers shall cater gay weddings? Enslavement? Or that the citizens of each State may not determine matters of family law? Enslavement? Government says you can't marry two other people? Or your sister?

Or when federal district judges wipe out State laws with the stroke of a pen?

I see your point.

How about we start with the paying "our fair share" taxes thing...

Top Bottom