• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    according to her they left, after waiting an hour in line, and then being told to remove it. She said she went and filled out the waiver while waiting in line as well so that they would not be slowed down anymore.

"Social media posts show men shooting at the range with baseball caps facing backwards, a woman in a winter hat and another wearing a scarf wrapped around her neck, according to the suit."
    Pretty simple if you ask me and a dumb rule if they have it. Whats the purpose?
    In this light I would not be able to use that range either as I always wear a cover and sometimes its backwards under my hearing protection (Ears) but I always wear a cover.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    If one has a privately owned business, should one be forced to accept customers one does not want?
    That ship sailed if the ones they do not want fit certain criteria.

Funny thing is, today the need for government intervention is needed much less than it ever used to be. Online shame and scorn are generally pretty effective at shedding light on those that choose to be bigots.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    That ship sailed if the ones they do not want fit certain criteria.

Funny thing is, today the need for government intervention is needed much less than it ever used to be. Online shame and scorn are generally pretty effective at shedding light on those that choose to be bigots.

Truth...yet some do not recognize the slippery after decades of sliding down it.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    We are now a big, mobile, and diverse enough country that we should be able to serve who we want. But you had better post it.

That way folks like me can look at the sign and say "What? No Jews or Muslims? F that. I'm out too. Not giving my $$ to bigots. Oh, The gay owned bakery doensn't want my money as a straight guy? Perfect. I'll spend my money elsewhere."

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    The irony of this, is that if she'd been wearing a Trump Hat...the business would have been "just fine" to tell her GTFO. I'd wager John Roberts himself would sign that decision.

If Sarah Huckabee Sanders had any flair, she'd go back to the Red Hen Restaurant with a Hijab on. That would be fun.

Last edited:

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    90   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Owning a business, then turning around and saying "you can't come in here because I don't like your kind" is a dick move to be sure. Can't say weather I'd do it or not (and I have a healthy distrust for the islamic faith) but I'm pretty sure that's what happened here. It's also what has happened so many countless times to blacks, Jews, just about every group you can think of. (these days whites I'm sure in places, or people with red MAGA hats)

That said, and even though you are making yourself a target for public outcry, that's exactly what freedom is. People just fail to understand that when you have freedom, so do others, and they often do things you don't like...
    If it is your business, you should have the right to be an ass and run it as you see fit.
    Don't like it? Go to a different business. You have that freedom.

These people may not even be an ass, it may be a genuine concern. They may be a deeply Christian baker forced to provide a wedding cake for a gay wedding, or a Catholic hospital forced to provide contraception, and abortions.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Really looking forward to hearing INGO's views on SB114 that was just proposed.

This one?​

DIGEST OF SB114 (Updated February 8, 2005 4:26 pm - DI 84)​

Hypnotists. Requires that a hypnotist appointed to the hypnotist committee have a master's or doctorate degree. Allows current members who do not have a master's or doctorate degree to complete their terms on the committee. Provides that a member on the committee serves at the pleasure of the governor. Removes the classroom hours requirement from obtaining a hypnotist certificate and from serving on the hypnotist committee. Requires an applicant for a hypnotist certificate to pass a test.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

This one?​

DIGEST OF SB114 (Updated February 8, 2005 4:26 pm - DI 84)​

Hypnotists. Requires that a hypnotist appointed to the hypnotist committee have a master's or doctorate degree. Allows current members who do not have a master's or doctorate degree to complete their terms on the committee. Provides that a member on the committee serves at the pleasure of the governor. Removes the classroom hours requirement from obtaining a hypnotist certificate and from serving on the hypnotist committee. Requires an applicant for a hypnotist certificate to pass a test.
    Dude, it's not 2005.

2021 SB114: prohibition of vaccine mandates for private businesses, like shooting ranges.

Top Bottom