• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Lobo

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2010
    Police ‘Badger Stops’ Challenged In Indiana « CBS Chicago – Breaking News, Sports, Weather, Traffic, and the Best of Chicago

This kind of stuff really grinds my gears. An officer found 2380 grams of narcotics in some druggie van and now the punk's lawyer says the search was "illegal." What ever! He caught the guy, what more can you ask for. 2 kilos of cocaine is a good bust. But up in porter county that might not be out of the ordinary. I think if you catch the right guy then they should punish him and not dwell on the details. :twocents:

Ok....which one of you tinfoil clowns made up this "Dredd" character? C'mon, now, confess!

:):

(A big clue....he spelled his name "Joeseph" in his profile.)

troll.jpg

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    The officers should definitely make people aware of their rights before they try to violate them.

What other rights should the government interfere with, you know, so people are made aware? Maybe mandatory gun registration, with a fee, so you can go down and talk to a government agent so they can make you aware before you possess a firearm?

hoosiertriangle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    Avon, IN
    You may be using sarcasm, but to be sure, saying "no" is nothing more than exercising your right. If the officer has probably cause to obtain a warrant, your saying "no" doesn't add any additional cause.

No? but that means you have something to hide and is enough probably cause to get a warrant. Obviously you're guilty if you don't consent.

hoosiertriangle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    Avon, IN
    Though this may sound temping, its not a good thing. Our system is setup to reward proper behavior and punish bad behavior. A prime example is that those who are ignorant of their rights end up getting punished for their ignorance. Thus, you have a responsibility to know YOUR rights and you can't shift that burden to another or we lose the proper incentives. People have got to stop trying to shift responsibility to others to protect the ignorant or stupid. The ignorant and stupid need to learn to take responsibility for themselves, and thus, stop being ignorant and stupid.

The officers should definitely make people aware of their rights before they try to violate them.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Though this may sound temping, its not a good thing. Our system is setup to reward proper behavior and punish bad behavior. A prime example is that those who are ignorant of their rights end up getting punished for their ignorance. Thus, you have a responsibility to know YOUR rights and you can't shift that burden to another or we lose the proper incentives. People have got to stop trying to shift responsibility to others to protect the ignorant or stupid. The ignorant and stupid need to learn to take responsibility for themselves, and thus, stop being ignorant and stupid.

I see that to a point but do you know every law, code, and regulation out there? Should we have to live our lives seeking the king's approval before we ever do anything?

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    Police ‘Badger Stops’ Challenged In Indiana « CBS Chicago – Breaking News, Sports, Weather, Traffic, and the Best of Chicago

This kind of stuff really grinds my gears. An officer found 2380 grams of narcotics in some druggie van and now the punk's lawyer says the search was "illegal." What ever! He caught the guy, what more can you ask for. 2 kilos of cocaine is a good bust. But up in porter county that might not be out of the ordinary. I think if you catch the right guy then they should punish him and not dwell on the details. :twocents:

1. You're not a police officer, so please stop trying to portray one.

2. I'd wager you know nothing of Porter or Lake County, so your speculation is unwarranted. Stop embarassing yourself.

3. You lack even a basic understanding of the law and the Constitution. The 4th Amendment means nothing to you, and that makes you an enemy of freedom, plain and simple.

Lobo

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2010
    I see that to a point but do you know every law, code, and regulation out there? Should we have to live our lives seeking the king's approval before we ever do anything?

You mention the "king" a lot. Do you wear a powdered wig around the house?

Just wondering. :):

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    Ok....which one of you tinfoil clowns made up this "Dredd" character? C'mon, now, confess!

:):

(A big clue....he spelled his name "Joeseph" in his profile.)

troll.jpg

I'm wondering the same thing. He's not even a subtle troll. :laugh:

Although, if it weren't for him, I would have never seen this article that further illustrates the incompetence of MANY of my local police officers. For that, Dredd, I salute you. :noway:

Duncan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2010
    South of Indy

Yeah .. let's not let the Constitution get in the way of some good POLICING .
    Let's see where have I seen something like this before ... oh yeah dad told me about this place he was sent to ... seems that the prevailing local authorities did not like the way the system of laws were .
    It was hampering how they wanted to get things done so they just suspended them , nominated and elected a Chancellor by default and then he got things done the way they needed to be done ... some time after that dad was walking across Normandy Beach with an M1 Garand in his hand .
    Yeah where was that ... oh yeah Germany .... I think dad called it NAZI Germany .
    Yeah I read about them they had a real good Constitution too and a lot of Christians ... a big Christian nation ... I wonder how they left all that behind ... maybe just thought the ends justified the means one day ... I don't know .

Thanks
    Duncan

orange-NaziPartyDay_1934c.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom