• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mat250

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Had a great first outing with my new LC9 today. I ran a 150 rounds between that and my p95 without one problem. :yesway: It is a little snappy compared to the 95 but not bad at all. The pinky extension does make a difference in handling. As far as accuracy I was not the best shot with it. My 95 has a few thousand more rds through it and I was a ton better. I need a lot more practice with the little one. A great looking well made little pistol. Not much I can tell you that you can't or haven't read somewhere else so....

I'll give a few comprison picts with the P95, I haven't seen those anywhere...

LC9&P95a.jpg

LC9&P95b.jpg

LC9&P95c.jpg

LC9&P95d.jpg

down3green

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 19, 2010
    Brown County

That's a good looking pistol!

My girlfriend and I handled at one at Down By The Tracks yesterday (good place - not my LGS but I sure wouldn't drive past it to get somewhere else) and think it would be a nice addition for anyone who likes to carry a nine and doesn't anticipate the need to be able to throw out a ton of ammo.

I might give it another look when the time comes...

Mat250

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Are you running +p+ through the LC9?

Nope, it even states in the manual not to use +p+ ammo. There is no standard for it and could potentially blow up your gun. It does state +p is ok but will decrease the life of the firearm. A good hollow point is all I need to feel comfortable while carrying.

FFJakeT

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    those are nice, I shot a buddys and I loved it, a little kick to it, but not bad. I am so torn inbetween a lc9 annd lcp. which one to get...(first, b/c i will end up with both since i am a ruger brand wh***)

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    those are nice, I shot a buddys and I loved it, a little kick to it, but not bad. I am so torn inbetween a lc9 annd lcp. which one to get...(first, b/c i will end up with both since i am a ruger brand wh***)

I have both. Got the LCP when it first came out and then the LC9, I'd pick up the LC9 first, same general design as the LCP but being a tad bit bigger it's easier to shoot and moving down to the LCP would be a bit easy I would think. Plus 9mm is cheaper to shoot so more practice and one extra round. Both conceal well but the LCP takes the prize for it's very friendly pocket size. The long trigger pull on both take a bit to get used to it and until you do don't expect to group well with it, just ask Mat250. :)

Mat250

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Indianapolis
    The long trigger pull on both take a bit to get used to it and until you do don't expect to group well with it, just ask Mat250. :)

It was cold, I had gloves on, MCFG 7 yard targets are on the ground, It's not broken in yet, I had bad ammo, 7 rounds didn't let me get into a rhythm, umm what other excuses can I come up with? :rolleyes:

I have no doubt it can be shot well but it will take some more practice. It just so happens that I like to practice. :draw:

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    It was cold, I had gloves on, MCFG 7 yard targets are on the ground, It's not broken in yet, I had bad ammo, 7 rounds didn't let me get into a rhythm, umm what other excuses can I come up with? :rolleyes:

I have no doubt it can be shot well but it will take some more practice. It just so happens that I like to practice. :draw:

You forgot that the sun was in your eyes, a strong wind was blowing and there was a small earth quake right under your feet. ;) BTW I've put more than a few rounds through mine and still not really used to the trigger pull.

Leggdpms

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Jeffersonville
    I to also picked up a new lc9 yesterday I put 100 rounds threw it this after noon and at about 30 feet I was hitting a target the size of a baseball. After all the looking around at the pm9's and cm9's and also a g26 I'm very happy with the lc9 as my new carry gun, that is after I out some more rounds threw it and also some hydro shocks

Mat250

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Indianapolis
    there was a small earth quake right under your feet. ;)

That's just crazy, there was an earthquake under the target too!:):

All kidding aside, I'm sure it does make a difference where a person shoots. An indoor range in a clean, temp controlled environment is probably going to give you better results than an outdoor range freezing your ars off with flopping cardboard targets. I think practicing in as many different locations is a good idea. You never know when or if you will need to use it and what environment you might be in. It could be any time of the year, which means different clothes, different temps, a lot of variables. :twocents:

jontz

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    I could spit into Michigan
    Nice looking LC9! I was torn between the LC9 and the Kahr CM9 for quite some time. I ended up buying the Kahr because I got a killer deal on it. I have a feeling though that there will be a LC9 in my safe before too long though.

I've heard that the LC9 has a very long trigger reset, i.e. you have to let the trigger come all the way forward between shots. Is that true?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    I've been thinking of getting an LC9 since I have an LCP for my wife. It might get her to step up to a 9mm having the same "style' of gun. I still like my Kel-Tec P11 just because the grip is a tad larger and it holds a few more rounds. But it looks good...congrats on your purchase

FFJakeT

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    I have both. Got the LCP when it first came out and then the LC9, I'd pick up the LC9 first, same general design as the LCP but being a tad bit bigger it's easier to shoot and moving down to the LCP would be a bit easy I would think. Plus 9mm is cheaper to shoot so more practice and one extra round. Both conceal well but the LCP takes the prize for it's very friendly pocket size. The long trigger pull on both take a bit to get used to it and until you do don't expect to group well with it, just ask Mat250. :)
    I know , it is hard to decide inbetween. I def. like the appeal of having 9mm instead of .380, more firepower, plus 1 more round, and as you said, cheaper. the lcp is still in the fight though, just because of where i go sometimes, the gun can just flat out not be seen, no print or anything. whether it be for work, or certain places for entertainment. I know that the deeper you conceal something, the longer it takes to dig it out, etc... . but id rather have a pocket pistol buried on me, and have x amount of seconds to dig out, than say have to run to my truck and take x amount of minutes , plus the 99.999% chance i would never make it to my truck. my buddy has both, but have shot only the lc9. the trigger does not bug me much, since i grew up on da/sa revolvers. the lc9 will probably be first, b/c i am convincing myself i can deep conceal it when needed.

Top Bottom