• ...and so much more!
  • jamstutz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 9, 2008
    Berne
    I'm getting one as soon as I find one.

Very nice video review... [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeLxP6Kywzk"]here[/ame].

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    If it has not been recalled yet it will be.... I'd wait a good year before picking one up, let the other suckers be the test dummies and pick yours up when they are working right...

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    I don't think I would like it. We have an LCP, and it fills it's role, but I don't enjoy shooting it, and I don't like the way it breaks down. So I cant imagine that I would rather have this than my FNX-9 or my M&P9c.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    Ugh. Mag disconnects are about the stupidest "safety" invention the lawyers have ever imposed on us. The external safety would likely end up getting me killed - I don't think i could ever train to effectively use a manual safety ever again after switching to and training with exclusively dao guns or DA/SA guns that I never use the safety.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    What is it with the allure of Ruger labeled weapons?

I've shot a few. P90, P89, MkIII, 10/22, probably a couple others that don't come to mind. They were all well built, reliable shooting firearms. I'd expect nothing less.

Ruger has some very good things out there, but I don't know if I'd consider them very great.

Some I hear go gaga over Ruger products just as glockies do Glocks. Isn't this a design not of their own?

jamstutz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 9, 2008
    Berne
    What is it with the allure of Ruger labeled weapons?

...They were all well built, reliable shooting firearms. I'd expect nothing less.

Ruger has some very good things out there, but I don't know if I'd consider them very great.

Some I hear go gaga over Ruger products just as glockies do Glocks. Isn't this a design not of their own?
    In this day and age, finding something well built and reliable at an affordable price is a pretty amazing feat. That's the attraction of both Ruger and Glock handguns for me.

...And while the LC-9 may be a reworked, improved Kel-Tec PF9 just as the LCP is a reworked, improved P3AT, I think the improvements have some merit. Most reviewers are pretty impressed with the trigger having a smooth pull and a shorter reset--things that are important to me. It's like "build a better mousetrap and the world will beat a path to your door."

I'm not a big fan of magazine disconnects, frame-mounted safeties, or loaded chamber indicators, and I despise internal locking mechanisms, but I'll try the LC-9 with an open mind and if Ruger has made something that works well even with all of these legal encumbrances, so much the better. If not--the Kel-Tec PF9 is still there to choose. :dunno:

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    If they had managed to stuff a 9mm into a package the size of an LCP, I would have been very impressed.

As is, I am not buying one of these.

Josh

jffyg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Hamilton
    That was funny....had me saying no way, he must be kidding right until the screen changed...I hope it does not really happen!

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    I am personally going to pass on this one. The safety is poorly placed, undersized, and not easy to manipulate. Also as it was designed as a carry gun the magazine safety it is equipped with is an absolute no go for me. I'll keep my eyes peeled for the new Kahr CM9 (The PM9's less expensive counter part) for an ultra compact 9mm. Heck after handling this gun, and seeing the size of it, I'd opt for a CW9 or P9 as well. Much slimmer and better feel to me than the Ruger. Needless to say i was disappointed in the LC9 after the what seemed like a great ad campaign to hype it up. The overall feedback from the last gun show pretty much confirmed my take on the firearm.

Last edited:

Kveldulf

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    Tippecanoe County
    I personally am fine with the frame-mounted safety, which a lot of people don't seem to like for one reason or another. If I'm contemplating putting it in my pocket, I want it to have one. Obviously, though, this means constantly practicing with the safety on drawing and shooting.

Top Bottom