• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • byhova

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    This may be a discussion that has already taken place but I was wondering if anyone knows how the LC9and SR9c compare?

kwood

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 27, 2010
    lizton/brownsburg
    My wife and I went to the store to look for a pistol for her and it came down to those two
    She dry fired the LC9 first then the SR9c...she walked out with the SR9c
    It's a much better pistol IMHO
    Keep in min they are completely different pistols and if I wanted something like an LC9, I'd instead look for a smith and wesson shield 9

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Primary difference is single vs. double stack. The LC9 is thinner which makes it easier to conceal. That also means that it is lower capacity. Both are good firearms and have their fans. I really like the SR9c, but have no experience with the LC9.

byhova

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    I already have an SR9 and SR40 and really like the way they both shoot. I am looking for something smaller to carry. I know everyone has their favorites, but Ruger really makes some quality inexpensive handguns.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Primary difference is single vs. double stack. The LC9 is thinner which makes it easier to conceal. That also means that it is lower capacity. Both are good firearms and have their fans. I really like the SR9c, but have no experience with the LC9.

This^^^. I have a SR9 and love it. My dad had an LC9 and didn't really care for it too much.

LC9 is single stack, 7+1.

SR9c is double stack, 10+1 or 17+1, depending on magazine.

LD36

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Bloomington, IN
    SR9C all the way. Super awesome gun and pretty versatile with the two magazines that come with it. Easily concealed with the small mag. Haven't had a single problem with mine

Mat250

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I went through the same debate about a year or two ago. I ended up going with the LC9, here's why. I wanted a carry piece, that was the main purpose of this gun. They may not seem much different in size but you can carry a LC9 all day everyday without thinking about it. The 9C is thicker and heavier, it is much more enjoyable to shoot but don't try to make it a Jack of all trades. The more experience I get with pistols the more I lean towards full size and subcompacts, I haven't found a time when I said "My full size is too big, if this were only .78" shorter." Guns are tools, use the right tool for the job. I have also heard, carry the largest gun you can comfortably carry, well with the right setup we could comfortably carry just about anything but is it practical for day to day? That is the question. We all know a gun in safe doesn't do you any good when you are away from home. :twocents:

kevinsr98

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   1
    Feb 12, 2011
    I have shot both. The LC9 is smaller and easier to carry. But the trigger sucks.

The SR9c has a much, much better trigger. Higher capacity and just a better gun.

I now own and daily carry the SR9c.:twocents:

Top Bottom