• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ultraz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Lafayette
    Hello, I was wondering if anyone in Lafayette has a lead hardness tester? Just trying to get an idea of what the hardness is of these bullets.

20140502_030122.jpg

Figured I'd throw in some eye candy :)

Thanks,

ultraz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Lafayette
    Maverick Yes they are from the Lee 300 mold, They have been working out great, I powder coat them and the last group was about 1 3/4" at 50 yards(I'm far from being an expert shooter), Never had a problem with them cycling or anything.

n9znd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Lafayette
    I am assuming this is Phil. I will let you know how they work after this weekend. I will have 200 loaded tonight. I am shooting Action Pistol @ Wildcat this weekend (Sunday). Jim

ultraz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Lafayette
    Hey Jim, Sounds good. How long do those shooting matches last? Seen that they begin about 8 in the morning. Good Luck at the match. Oh yeah, I'd like to see a couple of those other bullets from that site you told me about if you have a couple extra on hand sometime.

Only 42 more post to send PMs :( lol

I am assuming this is Phil. I will let you know how they work after this weekend. I will have 200 loaded tonight. I am shooting Action Pistol @ Wildcat this weekend (Sunday). Jim

ultraz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Lafayette
    Clay, That sounds good, Your in the Terra Haute area right? If you want, PM me your address and I'll send a couple to you to test. Or if you get up this way sometime let me know. Thanks

I have access to an Equotip if that helps you at all.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    PM sent.

let me know what hardness bullets are usually reported in so I can get you numbers in those units.

ultraz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Lafayette
    Clay, I'll get those sent out today. From what I've read its just a standard scale to measure them. Should come up with a 2 digit number like between 15 -24.

Thanks Clay

n9znd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Lafayette
    Phil,

The Match starts @ 10:00. If you have a pistol and 192 rounds come on out and shoot. I think to send PM's you need just 15 post (I think) and 50 post to post in the Classified. 50 good quality posts come pretty quick. I would like to know what the hardness of those things are also. Jim

Top Bottom