• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lf19

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Have you had your lead level ever checked?
    I had to stop shooting indoors due to my lead levels going above 25. I was shooting on average twice a week inside a building that although it had exhaust fans was still kinda smokey. Only jacketed bullets were allowed.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.

What was the point of this link?

Mine fluctuates between 5 and 10 depending on various factors. I usually have it checked once a year since I shoot and reload almost daily. It went down from a high of 20 once I started being more rigorous about washing my hands after shooting and cleaning the surfaces of my reloading room every couple of weeks.
    It's ok though the INGO experts say that it isn't a concern...

lf19

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem. Trying to determine if it is the frequency of shooting indoors, or is it more of the poor circulation/lack of air exchange in the building.

Jagunn

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 24, 2014
    Brownsburg
    You would have to shoot a lot and ventilation would have to be almost non existent to raise your lead levels to a dangerous level. I work in a steel mill and we have to have our blood drawn every six months to check our lead levels. Your levels would raise more from handling hygiene than anything else, like not washing your hands after shooting then eating right after words.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I worked at a battery plant once and we would have blood draws monthly.....if levels were high we got sent home and paid until levels dropped. Them guys would come back to where we melted lead and would huff the fumes before blood test.....so the level would be high enough to get them time off. I only worked for that place about 4-5 days, just happened the week I started was test week......went to lunch one day and I never went back. I hated that place.

Top Bottom