• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rjc2rjc

Marksman
    Mar 2, 2013
    Its cool I won my fair share with that same rifle before the point was made. Unfortunately wile shooting the pistol that night the optics on my gun decided to break on me after the second shot of the first round. Had time in the round to remove the optics and keep shooting but the sights had never been adjusted since I bought the gun. But what is even more unfortunate is do to work sending me to some classes and telling me about it at the last moment. I will not be able to shoot again until the end of march. have fun you guys. See you in march.

flightsimmer

Master
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    I researched that cartridge that you guys found on the range floor and as best as I can determine it was a 7.62x38 mm Nagant pistol cartridge, nothing else even comes close except the .30 Carbine which is 7.62x33 mm. I wish we had kept it for further investigation.
    That is a rare cartridge for a somewhat rare gun and a strange one at that.

flightsimmer

Master
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    Hi everybody;

We had a good shooting match tonight. Ruth and Matt Williams were back tonight, we were glad to see them again.
    We also had two new shooters with us, Allen M and Scott Whittenburg and we're glad to have you shoot with us.

Rob Voland took top honors tonight with a 250-2X in .22 and 194.2X in 9mm
    Allen M shot a 241 and a 205 in .45 ACP
    Ruth Williams shot a 225-1X in .22LR
    Scott Whittenburg shot a 216-1X in .22LR pistol and a 256 in .22LR rifle.
    Matt Williams shot a 148-2X in .22LR

Good shooting everybody, see you next week.​

flightsimmer

Master
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    Hi everybody;
    I checked with BGF&R about their hours for New Years Eve (Tuesday evening) and Karen said they would have regular hours BUT! It has been so crowded in both the store and the range this week that I thought it might be better to just wait untill the following Tuesday, January 7, 2014 for our next match. Hope this is OK with everybody, it's just been crazy busy.

flightsimmer

Master
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    Hi guys and girls.
    Hey, wth the weather being what it is I'm not sure if the range will even be open on Tuesday 1/7/14 so let's just hold off untill 1/14/14 for our nrxt match. Sorry.

kcpew

Plinker
    Jul 6, 2011
    Fountaintown
    I have an 1895 Nagant revolver just no ammo bring her by if you want to check her out. Live in Fountaintown and new to area. Do you have ammo for 7.62x38mm ??? I am also a Mosin Nagant junkie..

flightsimmer

Master
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    We had a fantastic evening, several new shooters joined us and the range was full. Even my son-in-law was there with a friend of his and one of the shooters was there with his full auto M16/AR15 having a great time with his friends.
    After we finished shooting we all got together in the training room to score targets and discuss shooting. I think everyone had a great time.
    Well here are the results of tonights shoot.

David Hersh got first place with a 240 in 45 cal. and a 231 in 22cal. and can get his prize next time he is in the store, just see Karen or Gary Burge.
    John Wilson shot a 233 and a 205 in 22 cal. and took second place.
    Rob Voland shot a 207 in 9mm and a 204-1X in 45 cal. and took third place.
    Wallace Pulley shot a 178 and a 155-1X in 9mm.
    Jeremy Hinds shot a 140 and a 110 in 45 cal.
    Paul Stroud shot a 110 in 22 cal. and an 88 in 9mm.
    And Jason Whitaker shot a 82 in 9mm.

Great job everybody, hope to see you all next week.​

flightsimmer

Master
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    Hi everybody;
    We had another good shoot in a nice warm range tonight, it was 8 degrees outside but cozy inside.
    We had some more new shooters and maybe one of these days we will have enough to start teams.
    Everyone had a good time.

Pepper Jackson took first place with a 167-1X and a 140-1X shooting a ,45
    Jeremy Hinds took second place with a 159-1X and a 138 shooting a .45
    Rich Hughes shot a 93 with a .22
    Bob Behme (I hope I got that right) shot a 60 and a 57 in 9mm

Great job guys, see you all next week.

Integraholic

Master
    Jan 16, 2008
    At home
    Hi everybody;
    We had another good shoot in a nice warm range tonight, it was 8 degrees outside but cozy inside.
    We had some more new shooters and maybe one of these days we will have enough to start teams.
    Everyone had a good time.

Pepper Jackson took first place with a 167-1X and a 140-1X shooting a ,45
    Jeremy Hinds took second place with a 159-1X and a 138 shooting a .45
    Rich Hughes shot a 93 with a .22
    Bob Behme (I hope I got that right) shot a 60 and a 57 in 9mm

Great job guys, see you all next week.
    Not next week. Range is closed all week for the clean up. Don't forget!

flightsimmer

Master
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    No, no shoot tonight 1/28/14. I was down there just a little while ago and they are hard at work cleaning the range down.
    They (hope) to have it back open by the weekend but no promises until they see how well it goes in the next few days.

flightsimmer

Master
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    2/4/14;
    Snow, snow, snow. I got back in town to late to post any cancellation of last nights shoot so I was able to leave work early and make it over to the range on time just in case any of you guys had less sense than I did.
    Well it was worth it after all, there was one new fellow there and we had a good time talking about shooting and I had him use my sand bags to get an idea of where his handguns were shooting, his Glock 40 did great so he will probably use it next week after some dry fire practice at home.

Well I hear the range clean out went very well, I'm told they recovered 20,000 pounds of lead and copper jackets out of the backstop. Wow! Really it shouldn't be surprising though after a year of use.
    I did a quick calculation of 20,000 pounds times 7000 grains per pound equals 140,000,000 million grains divided by an average of 125 grains per projectile and came up with 1,120,000 rounds fired. Greg said that was pretty close because they counted every round.................Nah, they didn't. LOL. Anyway, the range is good for another year.
    BTW, I hear it cost them about $18,000.00 (or close to a dollar a pound) to have it cleaned out, so if you think indoor range shooting is expensive on your end just think about paying for the clean out and maintenance on their end.
    Well anyway, it was a good evening snow and all.
    See you all next week if you can dig out.

flightsimmer

Master
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    2/11/14- Wow! We had a great night tonight. The range was full and so was the parking lot, people were parked on the North and South lots when I got there and I had to wait untill someone left to get one myself.
    We had several new shooters with us tonight and they did a great job for their first try at friendly competition and as usual it was warm and cozy in the range.
    I'll have to admit I had a hard time keeping my mind on any one thing because so much was going on.

Well, on to the results.

David Hersh took first place tonight with a 245-1X and a 212 shooting .22
    and wins a box of ammo, not sure of the caliber.
    John Wilson took second place with 225-2X and a 167 in .22cal.
    Rob Voland was third with 218-2X and 212 in .22 cal.
    Jake Martens shot a 218 and 210-2X in .40 cal.
    William Pully shot a 167 and 154 in 9mm.
    Pepper Jackson shot a 160-1X and 149-1X in .45 cal.
    Jeremy Hinds shot a 134 and 88.
    Paul Stroud shot a 128 and 108 in 9mm.
    Bob Behme shot a 94 and 84 in 9mm.

I could swear we had 10 shooters tonight but I only have 9 scores so either I missed one somehow or they took their targets with them.

Well we had a good time any way, see you all next week.

flightsimmer

Master
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    OK everyone I went to the range and looked for Jennifer's targets but didn't find any so I asked Gary and he had no idea where they could be so I don't know what to do at this point.
    I think I remember one of her scores being a 167 in .22 cal. but I'm not sure.
    If Jennifer or someone who knows her can get on here and let us know I would appreciate it.
    I think someone helped by scoring her targets for her.

Top Bottom