• ...and so much more!
  • theboss365

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    PLYMOUTH
    I am looking for a scope for around $100 for my long range ar. Its .223. I ran into the leapers today for 93 bucks. its rubber coated 3-9x40 with rings. has anyone used one of these? do they hold up? I know a good scope is important, but this is what I can afford on this build. If you have another idea let me know.

p.s. also wondering about barska?

Last edited:

Shooter1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2010
    Tennyson "Warrick CO"
    Dont buy none of them! They dont hold up. You already took the first step of BRD (black rifle disease) by spending money on the AR. Save you money up because ur wasting money if you buy those scopes. Spend over 200 and you will be good with a better brand.

booey50

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    nw indiana
    yeah leapers do suck some kind of a$$, and barska sucks even worse...for a little bit more money you can find some bushnell, simmons, some other higher quality for your money... I have a barska scope that would not keep a zero on a .22, then they wanted me to send them 45 bucks to ship and fix it, the scope barely cost more than that...

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Is Leapers made by or in bed with UTG? I see some things marked with both names.

Anway, theboss365, I think you'll be happier with a higher quality scope. I'm not personally very familiar with long range stuff, but I'd start browsing SWFA Riflescopes and see what strikes your fancy and budget.

Top Bottom