• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    It might not be the best option if it's something you need to use professionally.
    It looks tough but probably not easy to clean compared to disposable shears. :dunno:

Rocketscientist

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2014
    Valparaiso
    I'm a firefighter/medic in an industrial setting w/ 20 years on the job. I got a pair of these about a week ago and have been field testing them as the need arises. They'll split pennies all day long, the ring cutter works flawlessly, the seatbelt hook is sharp enough to drag through a shirt with ease, and will lay waste to any seatbelt or cordage in your way. I have been cutting through denim and the usual things I find on a typical call, but today I cut through a leather mill boot like it was warm butter! I was astounded to say the least. It was completely effortless, and with the .99 cent shears I would have been chewing on that cut for a while.

Cleaning, yes it's a bit of a pain, but it's not that bad. A little scrubby scrub with some degreaser and germicide and you're fine. Maybe I'll give it a soak in some Hoppe's or something. Normally I would have just thrown out a cheap one instead of bothering to clean it. I guess it's a small price to pay for such a bad a** tool. It's been quite the conversation piece among my coworkers, and I can't seem to keep my hands from playing with it and wanting to cut up everything in sight! I'm such a kid when it comes to cool gadgets, but this one I wish they would have made 10 years ago.

Leatherman 831741 Raptor - 5" Closed - 6 Tools - Medical Shears - Black Glass Filled Nylon Holster

That's the best price I've found online. Cutleryshoppe.com. $48.90, and use the "nutnfancy" promo code to get free shipping.

The plastic holster that comes with it kinda blows. It does hold the tool securely, but it's made for molle webbing, and doesn't mount as secure as I'd like on a pants belt. A police-style duty belt, maybe... haven't tried it yet. It just so happens that it fits PERFECTLY in a nylon sheath for a Leatherman Wave. It lives on my radio strap nicely, and could easily transition to a belt carry if needed.

BUY IT.. you won't regret it!

-RS

Last edited:

Force10

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2014
    Franklin County
    I recently became involved with the local volunteer EMS, and am curious about these shears as well. Thanks for the review RS, and do you have these in stock Brad?

Top Bottom