• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Stop touching the gun for the sake of touching the gun.

Stop it. Just leave it in the holster, do your business and then leave.

Police officer fails to heed this advice. Removes pistol from holster. Leaves pistol in bathroom. Pistol found and used in suicide immediately thereafter.

Your pistol is real. There is no real reason to get out of the holster and wave it all about. Leave it in the holster before tragedy strikes yet again.

SayUncle » Stop touching it

Last edited:

zenbruno

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Wherever I am 20 years from now, if I should happen to randomly hear the expression 'coon finger,' I will think of you, sir. :ingo:

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    So let me get this straight. If I put a fully loaded gun in my holster in the morning I do not need to keep checking to see if it is loaded? It will be the same gun I put in at the end of the day that I put in at the beginning of the day?

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    So let me get this straight. If I put a fully loaded gun in my holster in the morning I do not need to keep checking to see if it is loaded? It will be the same gun I put in at the end of the day that I put in at the beginning of the day?

Well in that case, brass check before you holster it but don't brass check if before you go #2.

I think it means stop touching your gun constantly to make sure it is there unless you really think it is loose or about to fall out.

Mitchell0481

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    Crown point

:dunno:

I guess it might morph i the holster, better check......

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I think it means stop touching your gun constantly to make sure it is there unless you really think it is loose or about to fall out.

The more you handle your pistol the more opportunity there is for tragedy to strike.

People want to play with their guns to do "something" with it when leaving it in the holster will avoid a tragedy. Leave it alone. It will be just fine in the holster.

Touch the pistol. Crane claw the mag to ensure that it is seated, especially if you are a cop in and out of the car a lot. Just leave it in the holster and stop looking for excuses to verify your pistol is real.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Totally agreement. If your using a quality holster you should ALMOST forget your carrying a gun. The weight becomes familiar and therefor forgettable.

Eskion

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2012
    Hammond
    Well in that case, brass check before you holster it but don't brass check if before you go #2.

If he thought it was going to fall out or something, maybe it's time for a new holster, or belt, or brain

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    The more you handle your pistol the more opportunity there is for tragedy to strike.

People want to play with their guns to do "something" with it when leaving it in the holster will avoid a tragedy. Leave it alone. It will be just fine in the holster.

Touch the pistol. Crane claw the mag to ensure that it is seated, especially if you are a cop in and out of the car a lot. Just leave it in the holster and stop looking for excuses to verify your pistol is real.

But me wants to touch the precious!

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Stop touching the gun for the sake of touching the gun.

Stop it. Just leave it in the holster, do your business and then leave.

Police officer fails to heed this advice. Removes pistol from holster. Leaves pistol in bathroom. Pistol found and used in suicide immediately thereafter.

Your pistol is real. There is no real reason to get out of the holster and wave it all about. Leave it in the holster before tragedy strikes yet again.

SayUncle » Stop touching it

He obviously didn't use the hammock method.

wizard_of_ahs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Terre Haute

I make sure to manually check my sidearm whenever a 5-year old girl passes within arms reach.

gg....you beat me to it :laugh:

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN

If you need to keep touching it to make sure it is there, maybe you need a good RETENTION holster.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I carry IWB appendix and if I don't quit eating a Steak n Shake Royal Deluxe, no Mayo, Tomato, or lettuce...Just Bacon, Cheese, Two Steak patties, and Bun please, every morning I don't think I will be able to touch it much less draw it...:D

Kirk,

I think you ought to develop a ring for one's gun hand that whenever the hand gets to within one inch of the holstered firearm it emits a stern warning in your voice that just says..."Quit it"..You could adjust the ring to different settings...One with your voice just soothingly saying..."It's still there my friend" or you can ratch it up to a 10 that says "ARE YOU %$#@@ KIDDING ME...FOR PETES SAKE YOU JUST PUT THE $%%$#@ ON FIVE MINUTES AGO!!!!":D:D:D

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    think you ought to develop a ring for one's gun hand that whenever the hand gets to within one inch of the holstered firearm it emits a stern warning in your voice that just says..."Quit it"..

Wow, blast from the past!

Are you an oldster like me?

Remember the "MagnaRings" from the '70s that they marketed to cops? Thanks for the rewind, iu, made my day.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Wow, blast from the past!

Are you an oldster like me?

Remember the "MagnaRings" from the '70s that they marketed to cops? Thanks for the rewind, iu, made my day.

I EDC a revolver and my shop gun is a Smith 65-3...Does that answer your question???

Oh..And I remember when California was the Bees Knees when it came to gun innovations...Cowboy Action Shooting, PPC and IPSC all came out of LA... A Hollywood Actor (Robert Wagner) competed on the Olympic Trap Team and Peter Fonda was on American Sportsman with Kurt Gowdy hunting Caribou...Ah the Good Old Days...Now what was I rambling about and where is that Geritol???:D

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Although I have been carrying concealed for many years, I still have to fight the tendency to touch the darn thing occasionally, especially since this is a dead giveaway for the observant bystander. Don't know why this is; I've heard it is a common tendency, even though I tend to put the thing in the holster when I get up and only take it out when I get ready for bed.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I would argue that touching the pistol while leaving it holstered is not the same as taking the pistol out and playing with it for bathroom visits or whatever the excuse is.

In fact if you are up and down all day (in/out of a car), then touching the pistol while doing a mag check (via the crane claw) is just fine and smart to do.

Top Bottom