• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wolfy2

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Can anyone help with this-ah,problem. Injustice,several people have been fired at %&*#@/?! for having guns in their vehicles in parking lot. Thought we fought for a law on this. I work at the ?*$@#%* plant and have had my vehicle searched for firearms. Have been told by plant security that even a lone bullet is grounds for discharge.

Last edited:

wrnyhuise

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2013
    SW Indianapolis
    To my knowledge it is the companies right on their private property to demand no weapons in vehicles. I could be wrong but as i said that was my thought. I know i work security at Lilly's downtown indy and we are told we are not allowed to have them either. Don;t very much like that though.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Can anyone help with this-ah,problem. Injustice,several people have been fired at (name redacted) for having guns in their vehicles in parking lot. Thought we fought for a law on this. I work at the (redacted) plant :xmad:and have had my vehicle searched for firearms. Have been told by plant security that even a lone bullet is grounds for discharge.

Is this one of the exempted places?

Last edited by a moderator:

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    The (redacted) is exempt from the Indiana law that allows it. It has a special classification based on Homeland Security rules. If you have a gun in your car on their property, you are screwed.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    The (redacted) is exempt from the Indiana law that allows it. It has a special classification based on Homeland Security rules. If you have a gun in your car on their property, you are screwed.
    As is Eli Lilly also.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    OP , do you work at a steel plant with a port / harbor ?

I think there is a "loophole" that says you can't have a weapon in those places .

However , I thought gov . Daniels signed the law that said we could have firearms in our vehicles as long as they are concealed and locked up , excluding the normal places we cannot carry , schools , federal buildings , etc .

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Any "secured facility" is exempt. So if your company has a fence and employees labeled as "security" they're exempt. Any facititly also licensed under the Nuclear Regulatory Commission, is exempt. This includes many hospitals with nuclear medicine or imaging services.

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    The Gary Steelworks is exempt from the Indiana law that allows it. It has a special classification based on Homeland Security rules. If you have a gun in your car on their property, you are screwed.

Im 99% positive this doesn't apply to parking lots outside the plant due to not being a "secured area" wide open parking lots.

They pull this crap at their other plants as well. No ports at them.

Sfrandolph

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 23, 2012
    Boone county
    Considering that Indiana is a state where you can be fired for absolutely no reason what so ever, I would recommend that you abide by the rules set by the employer. However, if you are ever injured in a work place shooting where you do not have your weapon available to defend yourself, sue the company for everything that it is worth.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    To my knowledge it is the companies right on their private property to demand no weapons in vehicles. I could be wrong but as i said that was my thought. I know i work security at Lilly's downtown indy and we are told we are not allowed to have them either. Don;t very much like that though.

I have never heard of Lilly's searching a vehicle,and I worked there for 11+ years.There are also quite a few who CC on property,though they know it could cost them.
    Not all of Lilly security is unarmed either.Contractor security yes,but there are full time Lilly executive protection agents,and they are armed as are the armored car drivers and guards.
    If you are around there long enough you will see two very different cultures.Full time vs Contracted.

Shadow8088

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    My wife used to work for Mittal up here on the Lake. The guards are REQUIRED to search at least 30 vehicles a shift. ANY contraband is grounds for dismissal. Its their property, and they get to decide what's allowed on it. If you don't like it, you are free to work elsewhere (and will have to if you get caught, you'll be BANNED from the property)

Top Bottom