• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BCCS

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    Sadly I will have to say goodbye to the hoosier state as I am moving to Denver for medical school. My big question is when will my IN LTCH become invalid. I'm moving at the end of June but my wife will remain here until the end of August when our current lease is up. CO honors IN permits so can I still argue the I am an IN resident until the lease is up. This would give me enough time I hope to get a CO permit. On another note, given the recent laws passed in CO, does anyone want to trade some 15 round Sig 229 mags for my 17 round mec-gars lol...

ModernS30

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Camby, Indiana
    Sadly I will have to say goodbye to the hoosier state as I am moving to Denver for medical school. My big question is when will my IN LTCH become invalid. I'm moving at the end of June but my wife will remain here until the end of August when our current lease is up. CO honors IN permits so can I still argue the I am an IN resident until the lease is up. This would give me enough time I hope to get a CO permit. On another note, given the recent laws passed in CO, does anyone want to trade some 15 round Sig 229 mags for my 17 round mec-gars lol...

Or you go to IU Med school and you stay here. :ar15:

cook4army

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Greenfield, IN
    I wouldn't go back to Colorado if I was cuffed, drugged, and dragged there against my will. Colorado is quickly becoming the new California and I want NO part of it.

The mountains are beautiful though, and if you get the chance, drive down I-25 to Colorado springs and visit pikes peak.

EOD Guy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Carroll County
    You have to check residency rules for IN and CO...not sure but I imagine you can "fake it" with your IN DL. Hard for a cop to prove your residency but know the consequences.

You do need to make sure you gas up and eat before you drive thru IL...don't leave any $$ in that gun hating state. Only stop to throw out your trash.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    You have to check residency rules for IN and CO...not sure but I imagine you can "fake it" with your IN DL. Hard for a cop to prove your residency but know the consequences.

You do need to make sure you gas up and eat before you drive thru IL...don't leave any $$ in that gun hating state. Only stop to throw out your trash.

I would also point out that Illinois is good about maintaining its rest areas along the interstate. Taking a relief break on their dime is gratifying in more ways than one!

minuteman32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Central IN
    Are you paying in state or out of state tuition? Voting, drivers license, car tags, etc., if they are IN your an IN resident. Woldn't hurt to get a CO ID card & a CO carry permit, if you can, too, I suppose.

Top Bottom