• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • metaldog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 31, 2013
    Indy
    Welcome to the area, BNB. I'm not too far away (outskirts of Cumberland). The area you are moving to is a fairly decent area to be. Also, Highsmith is my gunshop of choice in the area. I usually avoid Pop's, but they do have decent pricing on holsters & accesories (for the most part). Definitely avoid them on weekends. They have had trouble with patron vehicles being vandalized (smash & grab) when Liberty Bell Flea Market is open (Fri-Sun). Just an FYI

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    M & J Firearms
    Thanks!
    Good you are north of 46th st.
    I know right? I've lived in the bad areas long enough I don't want to go back unless I have to.
    Welcome to the area, BNB. I'm not too far away (outskirts of Cumberland). The area you are moving to is a fairly decent area to be. Also, Highsmith is my gunshop of choice in the area. I usually avoid Pop's, but they do have decent pricing on holsters & accesories (for the most part). Definitely avoid them on weekends. They have had trouble with patron vehicles being vandalized (smash & grab) when Liberty Bell Flea Market is open (Fri-Sun). Just an FYI
    Thanks MetalDog. I use to go to Pops when I lived on the near east side. They weren't terrible but the range is just way too small to go on a busy day, not to mention I've been spoiled with BGF's indoor range.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Snotty as in uppity as in the Carmel , Geist , Westfield types NO . I'm pretty sure he's talking about the types 88 is talking about .

Fortville , Pendelton aren't bad but the closer you get to 465 the worse it gets . Oaklandon and MCcordsville aren't bad and just north of there your in Geist where the "snotty" folks are .
    I probably should have used purple. Seems people don't like when I use that word anymore, no matter how applicable it might be. So I've decided anything short of the Hilbert Mansion is going to be classified as ghetto. :D

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

What about Bradis?

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    Well, as soon as the apartment complex management sends the loan officer some paperwork they'll have the house. Plan is to move in January if we get it that early. Much much sooner than I expected.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    I'm at 56th st and 465 on the NE side and go to church in Oaklandon. My neighborhood isn't the nicest but I wouldn't consider it ghetto. I wouldn't consider very many areas around Indy to be real "ghetto's" but everyone has their opinion. Some people on here would probably say my house is in the ghetto because the house next door is a rental.

Anyway, the Oaklandon area is nice you should be fine up there. If you get down to Lawrence check out the Gold Brick Tavern at 46th and Franklin. Laid back owners and people, great food (fried bar food and a daily special), very pro-gun.

Top Bottom