• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 7hatGuy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    Fairland
    I haven't seen more than .1-.2 grains deviation on my auto disc with any powder I have used. I do stay away from stick powder as it does not meter well in it. I get a little leakage with H110 as it is a really fine ball, but still no real variation when checked with my RCBS beam scale.
    I do use it in a turret press so it rides around the press from one bullet to another.

I dont think i would have any issues on a turret press where the measure would be seeing alot of movement. The auto drum has been working extremely well for me so far.

Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    I dont think i would have any issues on a turret press where the measure would be seeing alot of movement. The auto drum has been working extremely well for me so far.

I have an RCBS Uniflow that works really well for static charges. They work much better with stick powders too.

Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    I just picked up a couple Lee Auto Drum powder measures. They look like they would meter a larger variety of powder types and should be more accurate. I will post some results when I get them up and running.

sugarcreekbrass

Expert
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 29, 2015
    West central
    I just picked up a couple Lee Auto Drum powder measures. They look like they would meter a larger variety of powder types and should be more accurate. I will post some results when I get them up and running.

I use this on my LCT. It works real well with TiteGroup. I also use LilGun and CFE 223. The CFE has the most variance, but that is also the largest charge I use of those powders. The variance is still under a total of 0.4 gr.

Last edited:

Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    That's similar to what I have been seeing. With the bigger stick powders I am seeing about a .2-.3grain deviation. With the finer powders it is .1-.2. So far I have been really happy with the results. Being able to dial in a specific charge is much better than the disc charge incriments. 

Top Bottom