• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    Perhaps the Outdoorsman, but who knows how much they'll have it marked up. If single stage low volume reloading (ie 5 rounds at a time while at the shooting bench) is what you're looking for, it's about as good as it gets. Not exactly a huge investment.

dominicandemon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 26, 2011
    St. Augustine, Florida
    Yeah, I don't want a huge investment. I might have to spend just a bit more to make a few hundred at a time.

Perhaps the Outdoorsman, but who knows how much they'll have it marked up. If single stage low volume reloading (ie 5 rounds at a time while at the shooting bench) is what you're looking for, it's about as good as it gets. Not exactly a huge investment.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    It can be done with batch loading and practice. There were definitely INGO members who used a lee hand press to load handgun ammo. 50-100 rounds a night. They could NOT be convinced to try anything else. It's not that it's a terrible solution - its just not where it's strengths lie.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    For the same money you could have the little C-press that Lee makes and go a lot faster.

PhilB

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2010
    Randolph Co.
    I currently use one and it works fine for loading pistol cases(I don't have any rifle caliber cartridges to reload for). Just got back into reloading and it was the only piece of equipment I kept. If you are loading just a box or two of ammo at a time and don't have room for a full size reloading set-up the little hand press is great. When you get to the point you are shooting hundreds of rounds at a time, you need to get a better set-up or you will be spending all your time loading ammo.:laugh: When you shoot a lot, you need something like my buddy has. He uses Dillion presses that produce a loaded cartridge with every pull of the handle. He can load 100 .357 cases in less time than I can re-size and remove the old primers on the same number of cases. He can probably have 400-500 loaded in the same time I load 100.

Top Bottom