• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    No. I had to get mine direct from Lee. Even though I have only broke one. Ever. And that was because I tried to deprime berdan .308 and forced it.

Lee doesn't use replaceable pins like Redfield. The entire assembly gets replaced.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    For the wolfman.....

That is correct. But the pin is part of the expander assembly. Therefore the entire assembly has to be replaced. In the Redfield system, you can buy 6 packs of pins that are held in the expander assembly by a compression nut.

I'm probably not saying it right. In any event, I don't know of any gun shops open Saturday night.

DoctorThunder

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    I don't know of any local shops (regardless of whether they're open or not on a Saturday night), that carry just the decapping pins/mandrels. That includes Profire. I had to order mine from fsreloading, but have seen them on natchezss as well. Good luck.

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    Ahhh a case of where parts isn't necessarily parts. I only reload pistol where the deprime pin only does one function, and it never crossed my mind that the pin on a rifle die actually does 2 functions.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    Depending on what you mean by "central Indiana", you can come get one from me. I'll let you have one out of one of my die sets and you can bring it back or replace it.

Jason

Saw46071

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Last lebanon exit on 65 n . Go west to Arby's . 11:15 am . 5.00 for your lee part .

Let me know if you are coming . Saw46071

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    I'll probably be heading into the shop for a few minutes today. PM sent, I'll get one for you.

The pins for the 30cals are tapered pins, and although you can use a standard decapping pin, you may not get proper interior neck sizing.

Top Bottom