• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • roadrunner681

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    henry county
    134.jpg 137.jpg no 4 mk1* long branch made in Canada( i think) seem like a good shooter has good rifling, the bolt takes a few minutes to figure out getting it out of the gun is rather simple though , sorry for the poor photos used a phone camera. how i do?

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    View attachment 25226 View attachment 25227 no 4 mk1* long branch made in Canada( i think) seem like a good shooter has good rifling, the bolt takes a few minutes to figure out getting it out of the gun is rather simple though , sorry for the poor photos used a phone camera. how i do?

Nice rifle! Did that one have a bayonet? I saw a couple of Long Branch rifles today. Too bad you didn't see me... I could've made you a deal on a No. 1 Mk 3! :):

roadrunner681

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    henry county
    Nice rifle! Did that one have a bayonet? I saw a couple of Long Branch rifles today. Too bad you didn't see me... I could've made you a deal on a No. 1 Mk 3! :):
    yes it did have a bayonet you probly know which one it is then, i don't know the difference when it comes to lee enfields, is there anything particularly different?

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    If that isn't the sweetest, smoothest bolt you've ever had a wet dream about, there's something wrong. I have an Ishapore "type 7" in 7.62x51 that I have to get out and work the bolt on once in a while just to remember how right something can be.

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    You scored a very nice rifle. Lee Enfields are my favorite rifles to collect and they are a blast to shoot. I am always looking for another one to add to the collection. If you ever get tired of it let me know :D

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    yes it did have a bayonet you probly know which one it is then, i don't know the difference when it comes to lee enfields, is there anything particularly different?

There is a little difference in the appearance. On your No. 4 ,the barrel protrudes from the stock a couple of inches, whereas on the No. 1 the stock goes all the way to the end of the barrel. There are some other minor differences, but they all tend to be silky smooth to operate and as long as the bore is good, they're accurate rifles. Go to youtube and search for "Mad Minute" to see what they're capable of. :)

Sportsman's Guide has about the best price on 303 commercial ammo (the surplus is getting very hard to find) - 15 bucks a box. And if you watch, they have free shipping pretty often.

.303 Rifle Ammo | .303 Rifle Ammunition | .303 Rifle Bulk Ammo At Sportsman's Guide

roadrunner681

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    henry county
    There is a little difference in the appearance. On your No. 4 ,the barrel protrudes from the stock a couple of inches, whereas on the No. 1 the stock goes all the way to the end of the barrel. There are some other minor differences, but they all tend to be silky smooth to operate and as long as the bore is good, they're accurate rifles. Go to youtube and search for "Mad Minute" to see what they're capable of. :)

Sportsman's Guide has about the best price on 303 commercial ammo (the surplus is getting very hard to find) - 15 bucks a box. And if you watch, they have free shipping pretty often.

.303 Rifle Ammo | .303 Rifle Ammunition | .303 Rifle Bulk Ammo At Sportsman's Guide
    thanks for the link i was unaware they sold ammo, by the way what does the star mean after the mk 1?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    thanks for the link i was unaware they sold ammo, by the way what does the star mean after the mk 1?

They've actually got some of the best ammo prices around, and with their frequent free shipping, it's even better. :yesway:

As for the asterisk (star), this should explain it...

"The asterisk indicates an "upgrade" to a new standard. Minor changes are marked with an asterisk. Major changes get a new "mark" (No. 4 Mk. 1 vs No. 4 Mk. 2)

In the #4, the asterisk meant the following:

During the course of World War II, the No. 4 rifle was further simplified for mass-production with the creation of the No. 4 Mk I* in 1942 which saw the bolt release catch removed in favour of a more simplified notch on the bolt track of rifle's receiver. It was produced only in North America, with Long Branch Arsenal in Canada and Savage-Stevens Firearms in the USA producing the No. 4 Mk I* rifle from their respective factories."
    - Enfield Asterisk? - The FAL Files

Here's another good site if you want to learn more about Enfields... :)

Home | All About Enfields

I just took my 2A1 out today (basically a No. 1 Mk III but in 7.62 NATO chambering. They're awesome rifles!

Sheppsan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Nice looking gun. Think I looked at it but it was gone when I went back by. Looking for a No1 Mk III for myself right now.

Top Bottom