• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    The most famous (ex) DEA agent the United States--who hasn't seen the video of him shooting himself--lost his appeal on January 17, 2012.
    http://courtlistener.com/cadc/4bAy/lee-paige-v-dea/

After shooting himself following his immortal words, "I'm the only one in this room professional enough, that I know of, to carries this Glock 40. I'm the only one.." BOOM!, Paige sued the United States Government in late 2006. His case was tossed--summary judgment--on December 29, 2010, and the judge wrote a 20-page decision saying that Paige had no case.
    http://legaltimes.typepad.com/files/paige_ruling.pdf

Nothing deters Paige; so, he filed an appeal, and that got tossed less than three weeks ago, affirming the district court's grant of summary judgment to the DEA.

I am shocked, because Paige had the "only one professional enough" to be his attorney: himself. He filed his case Pro Se.

Anyone acting as his own attorney has a fool for a client!

Last edited:

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    There are 3 kinds of gun owners:
    Those that have had an ND and those that will have an ND.

And those that have had an ND and don't believe it is their fault.

Kedric

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Grant Co.
    Ahhh I remember when this video first came out. I was both horrified and amused to no end by the timing there. Professionally shoots himself, and then a few moments later he goes to pick up an assault rifle and all the kids start screaming to put it down and go away.

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    ...listen to the din of uproar when the kids see the "next" weapon explained -- crazy.!! He discharges the Glock and then starts right back in with like nothing ever happened at all. He just kept rolling like that discharge was nothing...try to get their attention back and show 'em the next piece of iron. Wow-wuh....just WOW.

NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    ...listen to the din of uproar when the kids see the "next" weapon explained -- crazy.!! He discharges the Glock and then starts right back in with like nothing ever happened at all. He just kept rolling like that discharge was nothing...try to get their attention back and show 'em the next piece of iron. Wow-wuh....just WOW.

Not only that, but he said the AR is an "empty weapon" (twice, if I recall), which are the exact same words he used to describe the Glock before he did his world famous negligent discharge.

Trust me, kids, I'm a professional, and this one really is an empty weapon. Yeah, right.

NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    The big question................has he reproduced?

That should be a no-brainer (pun intended). He is a former Florida State football player, who played a small number of games with the Bucs (during the last strike!) My bet is that there are more than one--perhaps several--offspring.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I do have to say; I am glad that after accidentally shooting himself, he did try to use it as a teaching moment and tell them "look, it can happen to anybody, just like that." A little bit of presence of mind there.

I think if I had just shot myself, I would be immediately exiting the room and taking myself to the hospital; not trying to teach all the kiddies anything.

Have you ever thought though; what if he did it on purpose? Maybe he is just THAT dedicated to his message!

Top Bottom