• ...and so much more!
  • cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    I had a .223 case split in half in the resizer die. Couldn't remove the top half of the case, so I shipped it off to Lee.

They replaced the die for $6 including shipping. Considering it was not their fault the case broke, I thought that was pretty reasonable.

Off and back in a week. You don't get that with many producers.

Mind you, I use and am happy with a single-stage press, so maybe I have rather low expectations.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I agree with you Cobber, that is pretty good. All of my dies are Lee and if they would make me a 327FM set, they would stay Lee. Unfortunately they have said to me more than once they won't, not that they have no plans for doing this as of now BUT they will not be making 327FM ies. Lyman and RCBS alreay make dies for the calber so I guess I have to break the chain and get one of theirs... :(

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    I've been pleased with my Lee gear. I knew that budget was a big concern when I bought it all about 2 yrs ago.
    Still works well, and I've been pleased.
    Most of their products are very simple and generally intuitive (and can be added on to very easily)

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I agree with you Cobber, that is pretty good. All of my dies are Lee and if they would make me a 327FM set, they would stay Lee. Unfortunately they have said to me more than once they won't, not that they have no plans for doing this as of now BUT they will not be making 327FM ies. Lyman and RCBS alreay make dies for the calber so I guess I have to break the chain and get one of theirs... :(

My .32 dies are Lyman for .32S&W/H&R magnum.
    I haven't loaded any .327 yet, but I've been told all I need to do is set the seating die to the proper depth for .327.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    This is true, I want 327FM dies that are meant to load them and not a way to make due.
    Maybe one day Lee will to since two other companies have but that will be too late. :rolleyes:

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    This is true, I want 327FM dies that are meant to load them and not a way to make due.
    Maybe one day Lee will to since two other companies have but that will be too late. :rolleyes:

I predict Lee will start producing .327fed/mag dies within 90 days of the announcement of the release of the first commercially offered carbine in the same caliber.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I hope so, I am not getting dies in a hurry but if they don't make them nor come out with a carbine as I have repeatedly asked Ruger and Savage to make me they will really **** me off. :)

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Lee has always been pretty good to deal with. Some of their equipment is on the cheap side and priced accordingly. The Dies are really pretty good. If you need a spare part, they are very reasonable.

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    There is nothing wrong with Lee dies, and the truth be known their single stage presses are a good value that works. I've never had a bad reload from any Lee dies, they have always worked, there are some features I like about RCBS dies just enough to pay a bit more, most specifically they have a better die nut design. That is the one thing I've always found annoying about Lee dies, that danged Oring nut has a tendency to loosen over the course of a few hundred rounds. At least for me anyways.

Top Bottom