• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lvh7153

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    I'm thinking about getting into reloading. Has anyone used the Lee Pro 1000?
    I'm considering purchasing one. Thanks.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I would avoid a Lee progressive, but their turret and single-stage are ok.

I'd look at the Hornady LnL or a Dillon 550 if I was going to go progressive.

chuddly

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    Eminence, IN
    im running one and have loaded around 8-10k rounds on it. No problems at all. I have been good to go. If your looking for an entry level progressive the Pro 1000 does just fine. You will hear people say "Dillon is better" or "RCBS is better" and they may well be....but they sure should be for costing 3x as much and doing the exact same thing.

kevinsr98

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   1
    Feb 12, 2011
    I have used the Lee 1000, now have a Lee loadmaster. For the few extra bucks get the Loadmaster. Great press, 25k and going strong.

There is a learning curve but once you get in tuned in it runs like a sewing machine. If you need any help feel free to PM me. Good luck.

Sirshredalot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 15, 2011
    Muncie
    Ive been running a Pro1K for over 4000 rounds now...and yes they can be finicky to get the rhythm down...but once you do, they run for thousands of rounds.

Most of the issues that people have with the Pro1000 has to do with prep and patience rather than the machine its self.

What caliber are you thinking about doing?

God bless
    -Shred

EvilElmo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Dearborn Co.
    I'm with kevin - the loadmaster is a good step up for not a lot more $$$. Having said that either one of them will work well if you take the time to learn them.

Bang-bang

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Indy/Homeplace/Carmel
    almsot ditto

im running one and have loaded around 8-10k rounds on it. No problems at all. I have been good to go. If your looking for an entry level progressive the Pro 1000 does just fine. You will hear people say "Dillon is better" or "RCBS is better" and they may well be....but they sure should be for costing 3x as much and doing the exact same thing.

:yesway: I have only done 4-5k rounds with the Lee 1000. GTG IMO!

lvh7153

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    I have used the Lee 1000, now have a Lee loadmaster. For the few extra bucks get the Loadmaster. Great press, 25k and going strong.

There is a learning curve but once you get in tuned in it runs like a sewing machine. If you need any help feel free to PM me. Good luck.

Thanks Kevin, I'll let you know how things go.

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    I've used the Loadmaster and I found it to be a great press. I'm sure the Pro 1000 is also a great press. Neither one is a Dillon, but unless you're loading more than 3-4k rounds a month, I wouldn't think a Dillon is really necessary. With the money you save from between the two you can buy an extra couple thousand rounds to load.

rem788

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2009
    indy west
    I have a pro 1000 sitting in the box. I used it to load 9mm. Probably loaded a couple thousand. Started having trouble, first with primer feed, then with case feed. I tried everything, researched the internet (there are quite a few videos on youtube) adjusted, polished, tweaked and finally got to the point where it wasn't worth it anymore. Maybe I had a lemon? I don't know. I do know there were a lot of videos on youtube describing fixes for the pro 1000. Purchased a Hornady LNL and love it. Good luck, whichever loader you get.

TBone3006

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    Lafayette
    I had a pro 1000 years ago and loved it, that being said it is not a plug and play press. It will require some tinkering to get to run smoothly. I traded mine off a long time ago, now I want another one.

Top Bottom