• ...and so much more!
  • pool67

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Homecroft
    This is the first time i have tryed to create a post
    I am looking into what press would be a good starting point and also where is the best dealers for supplies.
    I would like to thank everyone for your suggestions and i am sorry if this post has been done incorrectly, please all help with learning the posting process is appreciated.
    greenwood mall

Last edited:

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    This is the first time i have tryed to create a post
    I am looking into what press would be a good starting point and also where is the best dealers for supplies.
    I would like to thank everyone for your suggestions and i am sorry if this post has been done incorrectly, please all help with learning the posting process is appreciated.

Your post looks ok on my end !

You might post a general location where your at so some could suggest possible local shops for you.

Theres a great thread about exactly what you are asking. Alot of great info in it.

Click here: So you want to reload but you don’t know where to begin (??) - INGunOwners

Jeepcrazed

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 25, 2011
    Definitely check out the post that XtremeVel linked to above. Lots of great info there.

If you're looking for a Lee press, take a look at titanreloading.com. .. While I haven't ordered anything yet, their prices seem to beat everyone else by a large margin. Lee is the only brand pf press they carry.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Here is a list of everything I ordered to start reloading myself.

I ordered everything from Midway
    1. Frankford arsenal impact bullet puller: PN 215517
    2. Frankford aresnal flip top ammo boxes: PN 589482
    3. Frankford arsenal Quick-N-EZ case tumbler: PN 414369
    4. Lee deluxe carbide 4 die set: PN 885350
    5. Lee breach lock quick change bushings (2 sets): PN 971565
    6. Lee challenger breech lock single stage press kit: PN 121744
    7. Lyman 49th edition reloading manual: PN 217655

Even though I'm new to it myself, I have an active tread going now of my progress. https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ding/161921-the_reloading_process_begins.html

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    LIke U.S. Patriot, I purchased the Lee challenger breech lock single stage press kit. I bought mine on Ebay for just around $100.

After getting the kit you will need a few more things such as your die set, bullet puller (I bought an RCBS press mounted collet style instead of an impact), hand primer tool (not a necessity, but highly recommended), digital caliper, length gauge, and shellholders.

Your kit should come with 3-4 bushings. You can look up recipe's online and save you from buying a manual, but in no way am I stating you don't need to buy one. I'm just stating you can get by without a manual thanks to the internet.

Tumblers are not a necessity but they make cleaning your brass 1,000,000 times easier than using steel wool. I use walnut media instead of corn cob. You can choose whichever you feel is best for you or on sale at the time.

Ammo boxes aren't really important as you can store your ammo in just about anything, but since they are $2, I'd suggest picking up at least 1 box for every caliber you are reloading.

Hope this helps :)

redwingshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    Greenwood
    I use a Lee Turret press (the newer one) and absolutely love it. If you are starting out I don't think there is a better value out there than a Lee press.

dak109

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Brown County
    Bradis II at Camby isn't too far from you. Last time I was in there they had some Lee equipment. I started on a Lee turret press 20 years ago. It is still going. Although I hear Dillon calling my name all the time.

pool67

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Homecroft
    Brownie

this is pool67 and i see you stated that you sent a P.M. to me but i do not find it or i just don't understand how to find it. sorry for not thanking you sooner. I have been on vacation.

Last edited:

Brownie

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 7, 2011
    Fayette county
    Top right hand side of page. Under your user name it says private message. If you don't find it I can resend. No problem. I may be able to save ya a lil on a loading kit.

kcwolf200

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Lafayette
    I got the Lee Anniversary kit, a Lyman Tumbler, A set of carbide dies for 9mm, and a bullet puller when I started. I quickly upgraded the Lee scale to a Redding scale (the Lee scale was inconsistent and driving me nuts. Much happier with the Redding).

Welcome to reloading. You'll find that it is a fun hobby.

Brownie

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 7, 2011
    Fayette county
    Pool it was brought to my attention that you don't have enough posts to re dive pm's yet. If I could contact you some other way I can probably set ya up with a press kit.

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    I started out with a RCBS 'Rock Chucker' single stage press ordered from Midway USA. This press is very well built and will last a lifetime.

RCBS Rock Chucker Supreme Single Stage Press - MidwayUSA

It also comes as a 'kit' with some other basic reloading tools.

RCBS Rock Chucker Supreme Single Stage Press Master Kit - MidwayUSA

LMW What are you reloading with now? I'm looking to get into reloading... ammo is just too expensive for the way I like to blast through it!

I'm looking at the Hornady LNL AP... I know there are a lot of people that preach the ways of Dillon, but is the 650 really that much better than the LNL AP to justify the extra $$ I know, I know, buy once, cry once, but if it takes me an extra 6 months + just to be able to buy it, that seems like a whole lot of anguish!

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    LMW What are you reloading with now? I'm looking to get into reloading... ammo is just too expensive for the way I like to blast through it!

I'm looking at the Hornady LNL AP... I know there are a lot of people that preach the ways of Dillon, but is the 650 really that much better than the LNL AP to justify the extra $$ I know, I know, buy once, cry once, but if it takes me an extra 6 months + just to be able to buy it, that seems like a whole lot of anguish!

I'm still using the Rock Chucker. I've loaded just over 4000 rounds with it.

Like you, I've done some research comparing the Dillon and Hornady products. Here I have to defer to the actual experience of other INGO members. At one time, I thought I'd go Dillon for a progressive press. Now, I'm 50-50 between the two and have been hearing lots of strong endorsement for the Lock-N-Load AP.

Top Bottom