• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tat2clod

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 18, 2012
    I have been waiting and looking at various AR rifles would like to hear some stories of people who own or owned from this company.Being a leftie cuts back on alot of things but looks good on there site any help greatly appreciated Thanks
    :ingo::ar15:

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    Why would you want a rifle that is different than 95% of all others of the same platform? Seriously, a lot can be said for learning to efficiently use the most common configuration. If it's the safety location you are concerned about there are Ambisafety options available. I shoot all my firearms ambidextrously and find some right handed features work best for lefties.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Galveston
    I've got my right-handed AR with my left hand for years without any problems. I've handled the Stag LH models and functionally I find them far worse than the normal RH model.

The left hand version seems like it was designed by a right handed engineer...it's kind of like men designing pointless products for women.

Kedric

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Grant Co.
    I am ambidextrous with a huge left eye dominance. because of this, I shoot lefty. The only rifle I would honestly consider getting in a LH configuration is a bolt action or bullpup for the obvious reasons.

As far as Rock River goes, they have a reputation for making quality products. I have never owned one, but I have shot several that belong to friends without any problems.

TheTank

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    indiana
    Replacement parts or up grades are going to be hard to get and very expensive. That is why my buddy is staying with his right hand ar. :twocents::D

tat2clod

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 18, 2012
    Guys thanks for the input so far and keep it coming Ive got some LH Bolt guns a couple leftie shotguns,A friend has a Bushmaster and have had some trigger time with it and not reguarly but every so often a spent case dont always clear me

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    ive always wondered, can lefties not shoot right? sure its prob unnatural but the mechanics should work efficiently once you learn the muscle memory. ive broken my right hand several times and have had to get by with my left. while im not as precise in tasks i already know, like writing and such, i was pretty damn efficient with my left.
    legitimate question here.

muscle memory can be a powerful thing but its not something that cant be overcome.

tat2clod

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 18, 2012
    Let me help this along only having sight in my left eye shooting right handed is not an option

Zombieman34

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Wells, Co
    I have not shot a RRA lefty but own a Stag Arms 3L. Not seeing well out of my right eye is y i went with a left gun.
    Did not a so much problem with casing's hitting me but got tired of powder blowback its not much but gets annouying.
    All comes down to what u fell comfortable shooting.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Only very slightly right handed, but very left eye dominant. I train for both, but left by default. I'd rather have right handed everything so I can just pick up whatever and use it. I'm especially proficient with an RH bolt rifle; I can clear my 10rd Enfield in less than 15sec with aimed shots. The only complaint I have is with my retro "Colt 602" replica that doesn't have the brass deflector. First AR shot I took left a little red circle on my neck.

chuddly

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    Eminence, IN
    im a lefty and wont buy a lefty rifle. I want to be able to pick up any gun and feel confident in using it from the start. I own a PSA AR (they only make right handed rifles) and i have never had a problem with it being that way. The brass goes forward. The only things i will probly change is put and ambi safety and ambi charging handle on it. Neither one bother me really and the charging handle is really just more because i want a more sturdy one with bigger grips for when i shoot with gloves.

Shadow

AKA: Uncle Shadow
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    In the shadows
    How about feeling in your right hand (reason for becoming a lefty) My wife was in the army for about 15 years and due to a accident lost most the feeling in her right hand . She has taught her self to do every thing left handed now , bowl ,write,throw shoot. She Now owns left handed bolt rifles and will soon own a left handed AR .

tat2clod

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 18, 2012
    No problems with feeling in my right hand,even berfore the sight problems started, shooting right handed felt like throwing a ball left handed and the same results.Im going with the Rock River after my Santa gigs up,Want to say say thanks to all who replied.And if anybodys got any more input Im open to hearing it

troycowan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2009
    Bedford, IN
    Im a lefty, and have been shooting RH weapons since I was a kid. Being in the Army I had to get used to the casings hitting me sometimes, but besides that I think its more comfortable to shoot with the right handed weapon. Muscle memory does play a huge role in it though. If I picked up a left handed weapon it would be like trying to ride a bike for the first time. I think the way a.r's are set up they are already pretty ambidextrious. You can charge it with your trigger hand if need be while keeping on target with your non dominant hand on the vertical grip or hand guard, and the safety is not to hard to reach with your index finger or your thumb. But that is just my opinion, I think having the ability to pick up any weapon and fire it profeciently is a great tool to possess.

RetDep310

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Columbus
    Another left-hander here. I have handled a left-handed Stag AR, and have no desire to own one. My right-handed Rock River is good for me, the muscle memory and controls are already burned into my brain. The only left-handed gun I would own would be a bolt rifle. Operating it cross handed is ok unless you have a scope attached. I did add a ambi safety on the AR to make it a little easier to keep my hand in place when engaging the safety.

chuddly

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    Eminence, IN
    No problems with feeling in my right hand,even berfore the sight problems started, shooting right handed felt like throwing a ball left handed and the same results.Im going with the Rock River after my Santa gigs up,Want to say say thanks to all who replied.And if anybodys got any more input Im open to hearing it

i want to clarify that im not shooting right handed....im just shooting a right handed rifle left handed. No issues ever.

Top Bottom